PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 V8 on Pistonheads

cherrybusa
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Went to see said 75 yesterday as I have been looking for sometime now (want an auto) - a lot of stone chips on the bonnet/front end and some marking on a couple of the wheels - face not rim. overall the body looks a little tired in places. On the plus side it runs very well which at 13000 miles it should, and the interior in spotless. The seller - who runs a garage/mot station, wants £9950, any thoughts anyone?
Stuart

Tim
13-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Seems a bit high taking into account the current values, paint can be attended too if chips etc so would not let that put you off. Mike bought a tatty 75 and has brought it back to life.

Do it!:rolleyes:

Flying Silver
13-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Went to see said 75 yesterday as I have been looking for sometime now (want an auto) - a lot of stone chips on the bonnet/front end and some marking on a couple of the wheels - face not rim. overall the body looks a little tired in places. On the plus side it runs very well which at 13000 miles it should, and the interior in spotless. The seller - who runs a garage/mot station, wants £9950, any thoughts anyone?
Stuart

Soundfs a bit pricey to me - but then the 75 V8s in particular are very rare. If it was a ZT it would probbaly be priced at £7-8k at a guess. What about the gold one thats on ebay at the moment - same asking price of £10k?

cherrybusa
13-04-2009, 04:17 PM
What about the gold one thats on ebay at the moment - same asking price of £10k?[/quote]

Cannot quite cope with gold (chatsworth monogram?) and cream upholstery.
I would love the tourer that has been for sale at Summit Garages for the last 6 months, but at £13,900 they are having a laugh.
Happy to pay a premium over MGs for the auto box....but there is a limit!

Contemporary
13-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Mike bought a tatty 75 and has brought it back to life.

Do it!:rolleyes:

awww.....it wasn't that bad ;)

imo the car would need to have fsh with knobs on at that price and be in top nick. £7 to £8k is a fair price but as there were only 166 built they are a bit hard to come by.

hth