PDA

View Full Version : pressure

david grice
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
hi, can anyone help? over the last few days i have noticed a smell of antifreeze when my 260 is hot, i poped the bonnet saturday and there was a sign of antifreeze around the filler cap, it had dryed so i just cleaned it off and thought i must have overfilled the header tank the last time i checked it. but this evening i got home from work (only about 6mile) and could smell antifreeze again, i cheched and found antifreeze comming out of the cap and the top hose was under so much pressure i could hardly get it to move when i pressed it, has anyony any know issues that cause this, hope its not a head gasket!!! any help will be welcomed. thanks, dave

V8 Novi
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
If you haven't replaced your top heater hose, it would pay you to check that it isn't weeping on the inside of the bend near where it fits on to the top rear of the engine. 'Cos the next thing it will do is burst!

Herman
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
There is a thread somewhere on the correct filling level. It is easy to overfill as the markings are inside the expansion tank. If you look straight down into the tank, you should be able to read 'max'. If not, it's overfilled.

Maybe someone can post the link to the thread.

Herman

Nich
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
This one?

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=3997&highlight=level

Nich.

Herman
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks Nich, that the one

Herman

david grice
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
thaks for the help, and yes i had filled it way to much, i took it back down to the right level and all my problems are solved. thanks again. dave

black olive
10-04-2009, 09:56 PM
mine is now filled to the correct level and I havent had any problems since