PDA

View Full Version : Drying up!!

rogerf
02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Chamois or microfibre cloth such as Mequires which one do people rate as doing the best job?I'm using chammy at the mo...just wondered if the cloth is any good.

pessling
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
i was always a chammy man, but learn't that any bits of grit that are left on the paint work can get caught in the chammy and scratch the paint (swirl marks etc). microfibres are good, i have a large drying towel basically a microfibre. also used to use a rubber blade but again can scratch although to give it a good clean before hand was always my technique.

I tend to clay my car after washing whilst wet using quick detailer and wipe of the residue using a microfibre cloth

Stu C
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I use the Meguires (sp?) drying towel, i find its alot less smeary then a normal chamois :)

WNJ516
02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I have used a meguires towel, yellow in colour which i find better than a chamois, but recently i bought a sponge and a mitten which has approx 1" long chenel type fibers hanging (they comer in various colours) fom it, and that is excellent at drying off the car. Found in Halfords or Homebase i had mine from.

GeoffW
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I recently bought a microfibre 'Drying towel ' for the car ( much ridicule from the mrs) all I can say is guys, throw your chamois away, this product is brilliant bought it from halfords, thanks for the tip Guys :D

AndyG
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
......a meguires towel,...............

We were given one with a quick wax spray in Holland :D

:kiss

scooter
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't wash mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Newey
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
No Brian, you get Paul to do it and if he doesn't, then you don't let him drive the Dreadnought 520:D:D!!

pessling
07-10-2009, 04:49 AM
HELL i'll come detail both your cars for a drive of the 520

stevemiller
07-10-2009, 11:09 PM

I know I thought that when I had to pay you a visit earlier in the year for the fuel clip. Hoping to be seeing you soon for the up grade.

Steve.

ColinE
07-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Have always used a Chamois rather than a microfibre cloth however given all the comments on here - guess it's time for a change

Tim
07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Me too, always had three buckets and wash the car from top to bottom with the wheels last and with a second hand cloth. The 3rd bucket is the chamois one.

Have always used a Chamois rather than a microfibre cloth however given all the comments on here - guess it's time for a change

pessling
08-10-2009, 12:06 AM
two bucket method, one clean one dirty, wheels first for me, but use brushes and cloths just for the wheels, certain microfibres for glass, certain ones for body work, older ones for wheels, polishing exhausts, just goes on and on

stevemiller
08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
two bucket method, one clean one dirty, wheels first for me, but use brushes and cloths just for the wheels, certain microfibres for glass, certain ones for body work, older ones for wheels, polishing exhausts, just goes on and on

3BM NOW!! Its an affliction, keep away. After spraying neat Tesco daisy APC spray the rest with Megs hyperwax. Power rinse then sponge clean wheels. Then 3bm, spray with Demon shine take it for a spin to dry of and show off hehe. Done as G.Ramsay says.

If polishing all above stopping before the D.S dry with Megs towel (placing on) then AG SRP followed by some Harly wax then D.S.

The D.S seems to keep the car cleaner for twice as long, this is for all the Lazy b's out there.

Steve.:fight2:fight2

Alicatt
09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Paul did a good job on mine and was doing a good job on the LE500 while I was there on monday

scooter
10-10-2009, 10:27 AM
If you don't wash it you can't scratch it, am I right or am I wrong?:confused::~

ColinE
10-10-2009, 10:36 AM
If you don't wash it you can't scratch it, am I right or am I wrong?:confused::~

Can't fault the logic! :D