PDA

View Full Version : 260 rear spring

sim001uk
02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi first post this i was going to do it earlier just to say Hello but now I need your help!
Does anyone know where I can get rear springs for my 260 as she failed MOT yesterday.

Herman
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Scooter (dreadnought) should be able to help you. I believe he still has a few in stock.

Herman

Blue Flash
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Brians the only one in the UK,spring maker in Leeds(Kirkstall) that made them for MGR stopped manufacturing them when MGR died and will not retool up due to cost (suppose they would for a mega order) spoke to them when I was after a set.

pessling
02-04-2009, 10:50 PM
i've book marked a company on my laptop who make one of sets of springs will post up the address when home

Herman
03-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I think I still got an original one left over when I replaced mine.
If that's the case you can have it if it helps you out for the short term.
Just have to pick up the postage costs or collect
When replacing I'd suggest replace as a set, but to get through MoT one will do.

Herman

re-tread
03-04-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm sure I also have an OK original MK 1, will just have to check that the top coil is OK. Same as Herman postage cost and it's yours if you need two.

2V8s
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
unlucky to be an MOT failure.

if desperate, take old ones out, remove broken top bit, and refit. will do for now.

nothing to say they should fail so long as when jacked up they arent too loose and when resettled on suspension they seat ok.

Car will ride a little lower, but in short term for MOT this should be fine.

sim001uk
30-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you all for help advice and contacts. I got a pair from dreadnought a very helpful and quick service. I fitted the springs and now MOT'd so back to driving with the window down and stereo off. THANKS ALL