PDA

View Full Version : Toying with parting company..

rossy
18-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I'm toying with parting company with my much loved Late Mk1 MG ZT 260 SE no. 110.

It's a Silver 2004 on a 53 plate just under 12 months MOT + tax till end of June.

Low Miles, proper £2500 LPG conversion, Accufab, Accel Coils, One off exhausts, Wide screen TV, etc etc...

Wondering what it is worth in this climate..........?

Of cource if there are any peeps on the look out for one let us know.

http://gallery.mg-rover.org/data/513/rearend.jpg
http://gallery.mg-rover.org/data/513/on_drive2.jpg

I'm now out of work due to ill health and looking without any cash differance idealy seeing if I can get myself in to a BMW 530d (231 PS) model.

Rossy.

Belcher
18-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Crikey, you could get an arm up those pipes :eek:

Hope it works out for you (cash wise), I guess most people these days are fightened off by the price of fuel before thinking about what they are actually buying into - a classic head turning rare beast of a machine. I certainly have never ever regretted buying mine, and love driving it. Hopefully, the LPG should do it for you. Wish mine had that!!

Cracking looking example BTW :applause

rossy
18-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Hope it works out for you (cash wise), I guess most people these days are fightened off by the price of fuel before thinking about what they are actually buying into - a classic head turning rare beast of a machine. I certainly have never ever regretted buying mine, and love driving it. Hopefully, the LPG should do it for you. Wish mine had that!!

Cracking looking example BTW :applause

It like running a Diesel! Equivelant of 32-40 MPG!

rossy
19-03-2009, 07:25 PM

Everyone that hears it say it's the best sounding V8 they have heard...no seriously!

It's not to loud for everyday driving but yup, it realy does let peeps know how many cylinders it has! Oh and with the one off 4" induction too...

It also has the rare apex alloys altho would benifit a refurb again.

Guess I'll keep my eye on that black one and see what it goes for altho its not gassed...similar milage too!

Tim
19-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Everyone that hears it say it's the best sounding V8 they have heard...no seriously!

It's not to loud for everyday driving but yup, it realy does let peeps know how many cylinders it has! Oh and with the one off 4" induction too...

Guess I'll keep my eye on that black one and see what it goes for altho its not gassed...similar milage too!

See thats good, you are talking yourself out of it. :hug

rossy
19-03-2009, 07:39 PM
See thats good, you are talking yourself out of it. :hug
To be honest I'm not that bothered...just had for 3-4 yrs and time for a change but its hard when out of work.
Plus I drove my mates 330d BM and it flew!! but I've had a 3 series in the past so fancy a 5. Still like the Merc E320 CDi too...

So if its doable fine...if not fine...but will be seeing a friend who owns a garage to see what he comes up with...

Would just prefer it to go to somone on here 1st..its had quite a lot spent on it some of it needed some not...LOL

Nich
19-03-2009, 07:47 PM

They look like Straights in the photos Rossy.

rossy
19-03-2009, 07:52 PM
They look like Straights in the photos Rossy.

And these?

http://gallery.mg-rover.org/uploads/6894/09062008242.jpg

rossy
19-03-2009, 07:57 PM
http://gallery.mg-rover.org/uploads/6894/Mine.jpg

Nich
19-03-2009, 08:06 PM
They look like apex's in the photos Rossy.:duck

Belcher
19-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I agree. Definatly (spelt that wrong ?!) look like straights in the first pictures posted. And then Apex's in the last pics. You changed the wheels between photos :confused::confused:

BTW - I like the side indicator repeater surrounds. Where they from ??

NOCTURNAL
19-03-2009, 08:59 PM
BTW - I like the side indicator repeater surrounds. Where they from ??
Looks like from a BMW Mini to me...

obiwan
19-03-2009, 09:10 PM
You changed the wheels between photos :confused::confused:

...and the registration plate...and Mustang logo...

Mean Green
23-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi

Lovely car,VERY interested. Been looking to graduate from my LPG 190+ for a while.

Already got another Mk1 in mind but could you let me know when you've thought of a price and where you're based?

Thanks

Neil

rossy
24-03-2009, 08:14 AM
PM'd and based in sunny Bolton Manchester. Where't TV signal comes from tha knows.

I.e. very close the the mast at "winter hill"

rossy
24-03-2009, 08:16 AM
...and the registration plate...and Mustang logo...

Yeh same car obviously, just some old and new pictures.
The Indicators are off flee bay.
I also blacked out the front indicator surounds as I think it looks more agressive!

Belcher
24-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Ahh, yes. Hadn't noticed the spotlight pods were black. Do you have front-on shot ?

AndyG
24-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Ahh, yes. Hadn't noticed the indicator pods were black. Do you have front-on shot ?

I think it is the Spot Light pods??

:kiss

Belcher
24-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I think it is the Spot Light pods??

:kiss

Did I really say that ? :Duh

rossy
19-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Still up for grabs and now £7495 or sensible offer...

Would consider PX for 4 door anything....as still need car once gone while I look for another...(Twin Boys)

rossy
16-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Sold Sold Sold