PDA

View Full Version : ZT-T Xpowers Wanted

V8 Martin
25-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm looking for a pair of ZT-T260 Xpower exhausts. Would consider one side on it's own too. Please let me know if you are selling or know who might have some.

Tim
26-02-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm looking for a pair of ZT-T260 Xpower exhausts. Would consider one side on it's own too.

That would give you a triple then:confused:

BRM494
26-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm looking for a pair of ZT-T260 Xpower exhausts.

So am I, but I need them connected to a car, MK2 SE and not silver !!

BigA
26-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Martin,
Does that mean you could be selling some originals?

--and welcome back!

ksilver
26-02-2009, 07:58 PM
As a matter of interest, what is the difference between the tourer and saloon exhausts? I'm guessing the tourers are a bit longer?

BigA
26-02-2009, 08:00 PM
That's right. I'm not sure what the difference is (case for a tape measure at a meet?), but there's a noticeable difference if the wrong ones are fitted - either way!

spartacus
26-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Based on my tourer towbar that I have fitted to my saloon :o I think it's probably about 6 inches. Mind you, I'm a bloke, so it's probably less than 2 inches :D

V8 Martin
26-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks BigA - It's nice to be back!

Not sure yet if I'd be parting with the standard ones, but I'll let you know if I do.

The Tourer ones are indeed longer. I seem to remember that the extra length is at the oval visible tip end, rather than the section that joins to the exhaust so you need the right "special stuff" really.

tyrell34pt
05-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Would disagree with the outlet being the difference, although mine are Zeros bought from GAD.
I had a local fabricator add 50mm length in to the receiving end (60mm diameter s/s pipe). This works because the box is hung in the cradle and does not have specific fixed hanger positions. This mod' meant I was able to use Zt back boxes for the Zt-t that I have.
What a difference!! A little louder and a lower more bass note and along with the BBK T/B plenum and cold air kit she doesn't half shout when you let loose with that right foot.

black olive
05-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Black Olive had ( for some reason) been fitted with ZT-T x powers, I cut the tailpipes off at the box, and cut two inches off and had them rewelded back on, they now sit nicely in line with the cut out.

V8 Martin
06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks! I'd forgotten that the cradle isn't fixed & I've got a pair of brand new saloon Xpowers in the garage already.

I'm planning on fitting the BBK Plenum too - can I ask what cold air kit you have used?

Would disagree with the outlet being the difference, although mine are Zeros bought from GAD.
I had a local fabricator add 50mm length in to the receiving end (60mm diameter s/s pipe). This works because the box is hung in the cradle and does not have specific fixed hanger positions. This mod' meant I was able to use Zt back boxes for the Zt-t that I have.
What a difference!! A little louder and a lower more bass note and along with the BBK T/B plenum and cold air kit she doesn't half shout when you let loose with that right foot.