PDA

View Full Version : 260 info

Haxx
25-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Can anyone give me some history on ZT 260 SE no.000664? Would me most appreciated.

Haxx

Bainzi
25-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi Haxx and All

If you dont mind Haxx, can I add to the request for info on my ZT 260 SE Vin 000496 which I bought from Elite Cars early Feb. its a 2004 54` plate Starlight Silver standard SE with black full Leather. If someone has the info we will get 2 for the price of 1 lol.

Regards

Bainzi

(Silver 260 seen at the MG meet at Stoneliegh Park on Sunday)

Stu C
28-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Can anyone give me some history on ZT 260 SE no.000664? Would me most appreciated.

Haxx

Free bump!

(off topic) where abouts in West Wales are you? I visit down there quite often :) - Have to say hi sometime

Tim
28-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Need to up date my records but a quick look does not bring up anything.

Haxx

Hi Haxx and All

If you dont mind Haxx, can I add to the request for info on my ZT 260 SE Vin 000496 which I bought from Elite Cars early Feb. its a 2004 54` plate Starlight Silver standard SE with black full Leather. If someone has the info we will get 2 for the price of 1 lol.

Regards

Bainzi

(Silver 260 seen at the MG meet at Stoneliegh Park on Sunday)

Haxx
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Free bump!

(off topic) where abouts in West Wales are you? I visit down there quite often :) - Have to say hi sometime

Newcastle Emlyn. Just over half way between Carmarthen and Cardigan.

664 is now mine!

Stu C
01-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Newcastle Emlyn. Just over half way between Carmarthen and Cardigan.

664 is now mine!

Congrats! :cool: - got couple of mates who live in St. Clears, will have to meet up in Carms for a coffee next time im down :D

Tim
01-03-2009, 10:03 PM
664 is now mine!

Good man Luke.

SH4RKY
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
The unknown becomes known!

Welcome to the asylum/fold/pack/herd/pride/gathering....

Haxx
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
The unknown becomes known!

Welcome to the asylum/fold/pack/herd/pride/gathering....

Thank you! It's an honour to be here.
Now, as soon as I get it back from the garage (Long story - amazing what can be missed on a service AND MOT - missing wheel studs, flashing battery light, faulty handbrake, faulty horn, etc, etc), I'll take it out for a photo shoot.
Watch this space!

pessling
02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
the flashing battery light is a 260 thing, happens to all cars and is something that has no cure. thats if its an a flash every now and then.

Haxx
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
the flashing battery light is a 260 thing, happens to all cars and is something that has no cure. thats if its an a flash every now and then.

Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see if they manage to 'cure the problem' then!! Thinking about it, I'm gonna be nervous about what they've done if it's stopped. Fingers crossed they say same as you!

pessling
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see if they manage to 'cure the problem' then!! Thinking about it, I'm gonna be nervous about what they've done if it's stopped. Fingers crossed they say same as you!

one of them problems that you hope they haven't fixed

Haxx
03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
one of them problems that you hope they haven't fixed

Garage promised to phone me yesterday. Still waiting... I'm not worried at all....
The battery light, by the way, WAS flashing about every minute or so, but just for a fraction of a second. Took ages to work out what it was. That's considered normal, right?

pessling
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Garage promised to phone me yesterday. Still waiting... I'm not worried at all....
The battery light, by the way, WAS flashing about every minute or so, but just for a fraction of a second. Took ages to work out what it was. That's considered normal, right?

yeah totally normal, often joked about that its all the different makes of ECU's talking to one another, ford to MGR to BMW items etc. nothing to worry about, it still catches my eye and have had my car nearly 3 years

spartacus
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
When I had my T5 Volvo the service light came up on the dash and, for some reason, the garage I took it to couldn't reset it. I found that an expertly fitted piece of black insulation tape removed it from view.

Not sure you'd want to do it on the 260, just in case there's a real problem, but I have been tempted at times.

Mine seems slightly worse when I've got the lights on, which is quite often for me (being a former Volvo owner). :p

God, have I just admitted to having a Volvo? Better go and have a lie down...

BigA
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
I also have a Volvo, but that's all I'm saying!

Haxx, I'm often down that way, maybe a few of us can get together sometime

ColinE
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I also have a Volvo, but that's all I'm saying!

And me - though can claim it was best of a bad lot on a company car list

Haxx
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Haxx, I'm often down that way, maybe a few of us can get together sometime

Excellent that's another one! Stu C's got mates that he visits that are about 20 miles from me. Just met someone on 75&ZT who lives a few miles from me and we have a mutual friend. There is definately scope for something in the 'Middle of No-where' West Wales. (If you can fight your way through the swarms of saxos, clios and corsas with 4" wastepipe exhausts).

I Also used to drive (though not own) a Volvo (V70R). Chauffeuring a friend of mine about who was terminally ill. He just had to own one, but was too ill to drive it. Sad, but we had a few hilarious drives in it. Wish he'd seen the 260. Would have been proud.