PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door part

pessling
19-02-2009, 03:17 PM
have a drivers door that i am using to practice paintless dent removal on and machine polishing so have various parts for sale, glass, speakers, door loom, lock mech. if any one wants anything let me know, otherwise its being binned at work tomorrow

Stu C
19-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Put those parts for sale on the 75 owners club, probably alot more interest maybe? :)

pessling
19-02-2009, 06:06 PM
already have, only the switch pack gone so far, door was only £25 so when i'm done dong to bin it any way, was very surprised how heavy the door was with everything on it

SH4RKY
19-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Handle? Ill take that. See how easy they are to dechrome, or other methods of painting them etc.

pessling
19-02-2009, 10:58 PM
okay cool ian if your happy with £5 postage you can pay the same way as the dash, i'll remove it tomorrow

SH4RKY
19-02-2009, 11:02 PM
(( Sorry, that's completely the wrong thread. Removed comment ))

Yeah Peter thats fine. Ill send it over now. Assume it will be the entire exterior handle. Well, as much of it that will come off?

Oh, Do you have the door card?

Tim
20-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Peter how easy is it to get the whole glass winding gear out? The one in my 75 is starting to rattle.

pessling
20-02-2009, 11:14 AM
pretty easy Tim the hard part is getting the door car off, i taped the window so that it couldn't full down, undone all the bolts and the whole lot, regulator motor etc comes out in one, just disconnect the motor with the plug.

Ian i do have the door card, the door was from a 75 and is a cream type colour is dirty as well, i wasn't to interested in the door card and pulled it off and broke most of the clips i think???????

Blue Flash
20-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry for the intrusion but whilst on the subject of doors I have a full set of the waist trim finishers bar the rear o/s+the drivers door trim,can't see them selling as a job lot so there stashed away in my garage should anyone require one/all as a replacement,as a footnote when I stripped the drivers door trim back the chrome underneath was fairly well rusted,obviously the guy who sprayed em thought sod it it's getting a coat over it no one will see for the time being...what a naughty man!:).

SH4RKY
20-02-2009, 12:15 PM
No worries about the door cards... they are cheap enough from breakers usually. If I reupholster my seats and dash I would think about doing the door cards too so would need 4 anyway.

pessling
20-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah that's what i would do as well, although i would look out for some cleaner ones than i got,

on a good note, the door i got is from an early 75 as the pic shows bullet mirrors, but there are no signs of rust on it, haven't looked on the underside but seems pretty good all over, was looking over on the 75 site the other day about the rustmaster protection, £385 for a single car to have everything rust proofed, may well consider it in the future, there is a discount on 10 cars going at the same time

Tim
20-02-2009, 01:50 PM
pretty easy Tim the hard part is getting the door car off, i taped the window so that it couldn't full down, undone all the bolts and the whole lot, regulator motor etc comes out in one, just disconnect the motor with the plug.

What do you want for for it?

pessling
20-02-2009, 02:08 PM
just postage or come get it, or wait till brooklands up to you tim, postage wise its a bit bigger than the door handle i just posted so £10 if your happy and can post tomorrow think i have a box. you want the glass Tim? drivers side have no use and seems a shame to break it as much fun as it will be

Tim
20-02-2009, 02:11 PM
just postage or come get it, or wait till brooklands up to you tim, postage wise its a bit bigger than the door handle i just posted so £10 if your happy and can post tomorrow think i have a box. you want the glass Tim? drivers side have no use and seems a shame to break it as much fun as it will be

Bring it to Brooklands mate. I'll take the glass of you if you were going to dump it. :)

pessling
20-02-2009, 02:12 PM
okay then Tim, will put it somewhere safe

GeoffW
21-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah that's what i would do as well, although i would look out for some cleaner ones than i got,

on a good note, the door i got is from an early 75 as the pic shows bullet mirrors, but there are no signs of rust on it, haven't looked on the underside but seems pretty good all over, was looking over on the 75 site the other day about the rustmaster protection, £385 for a single car to have everything rust proofed, may well consider it in the future, there is a discount on 10 cars going at the same time

This is something I was going to get done, reading up on the 75 site it looks the dogs do das maybe start a list for a summer trip.

pessling
21-02-2009, 01:04 AM
yeah sure geoff, just under 400 quid is cheap for long term piece of mind

Max260
21-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I am looking for a Drivers Side door lock as mine only works manually the result of a T4 says that the electrics are shot and the current door lock is disconnected.

Max

pessling
21-02-2009, 03:50 PM
sorry max, someone has already paided for that, there is loads on ebay although at high prices, works out cheaper to buy a whole door compared to just the lock.