PDA

View Full Version : Another one for sale - ZT V8 260 SE in........Silver !!

precious metal
13-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi

If any one is looking for a nice ZT 260 SE saloon, we have another one coming in a - 2004 54 reg MG ZT 260 SE saloon with only 40k miles - 2 owners, FMGSH, Full SE Spec, full leather plus its in....................SILVER (surprised). It also has X Power rear boxes and Accufab throttle body

Will hopefully have further details over the weekend

regards

James @ Elite Car Co.
www.elitecar.co.uk (http://www.elitecar.co.uk)
07831 439777

Tim
13-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi

If any one is looking for a nice ZT 260 SE saloon, we have another one coming in a - 2004 54 reg MG ZT 260 SE saloon with only 40k miles - 2 owners, FMGSH, Full SE Spec, full leather plus its in....................SILVER (surprised). It also has X Power rear boxes and Accufab throttle body

Will hopefully have further details over the weekend

regards

James @ Elite Car Co.
07831 439777

James is also fitting the Two-Sixties up grade hose as part of the sale. :D

AndyG
13-02-2009, 06:32 PM
James @ Elite Car Co.

James you need one of these for the adverts for the 260s.

precious metal
13-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Andy

Thanks but sorry i cant access enc attachments as my user name doesnt have access to this facility, something to do with not being a registered owner although i have owned about 30 of these rare beasts in the last 3 yrs, i thought this was supposed to be an open forum !!

Thanks for trying anyway

James

AndyG
13-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Andy

Thanks but sorry i cant access enc attachments as my user name doesnt have access to this facility, something to do with not being a registered owner although i have owned about 30 of these rare beasts in the last 3 yrs, i thought this was supposed to be an open forum !!
Thanks for trying anyway
James

Unless any 260s member objects? (PM me if you do) We could send you a *.JPG

Do we need a Poll. I've never done one before :D
:cool:

spartacus
13-02-2009, 08:19 PM

As long as you promise to dance around it, I'm sure we won't mind...

Tim
14-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Andy

Thanks for trying anyway

James

If you keep one and use as your baby, loving it like a member of the family then you're in. Two parts of the site James, the owners part, about 85% of the forum and the public side with a small forum and all the technical details open to one and all.

Tim
14-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Unless any 260s member objects? (PM me if you do) We could send you a *.JPG

Sorry, objection here! Reason we are doing well is we all know either what we are talking about and do not suffer from trolls/time wasters. Side issue if you have noticed, we don't suffer spammers. Tight ship and all. I will have a chat with James as there may be a different route, with what I have seen of James and the way he trades I'm sure there is some middle ground.

Lastly keeping a grip of everything Two-Sixties keeps our name up there.

juzza0
14-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I have not been a member here long, but really enjoy this forum. I enjoy the R75 and ZT club and suffer some of the immature attitudes in the xpower forums too. Of all the MG forums i feel the most comfortable in this one, its my favorite and everyone on here seems to be really good guys and i think its ran incredibly well too.
I understand its like this because of the way the club is run.

My personal opinion (and that's all this is) is that James is obviously a 260 dealer and i would assume he provides the club with the information on the cars he comes across (Vin details spec etc) and hopefully informs his buyers of the clubs existence too (i hope!). Therefore if this is the case maybe an honorary membership could be granted (assuming the above is true). I'm not suggesting that every car dealer who sells a couple of 260's should be classed the same, but 30 over 3 years must mean James in someway feels the same as us about the brand and the 260 in particular... and is that not the same goal as us members.. the preservation of a truly special and remarkable car. Maybe a small contribution to the club might also make it more acceptable. I understand and would also like to keep the integrity of this club as it is, but feel that this maybe one of very few exceptions.

I don't know. Maybe i'm not fully clued up and may not be understanding this situation properly, but these are my comments as i understand at the moment.

T16
15-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry, objection here! Reason we are doing well is we all know either what we are talking about and do not suffer from trolls/time wasters. Side issue if you have noticed, we don't suffer spammers. Tight ship and all. I will have a chat with James as there may be a different route, with what I have seen of James and the way he trades I'm sure there is some middle ground.

Sorry, but not allowing anyone other than a 260 owner access to attachments is nothing other than detrimental to the forum I'm afraid.

Any other MG/Rover based forum suffers minimal trolling and seems to manage perfectly.

I am shortly to become a 260 owner, but in the total absence of decent access to the other parts, I am not sure whether I would be inclined to register here even when I get one !

Sorry to sound so negative, but it's not going to help any potential owners out there by restricting access.

Its not a Mitsubish EVO forum, the type of visitor here will be of a certain kind.

I dont know why the poster above seems to think the forum quality is unique ? Most others on the internet don't emulate 4Chan.

Perhaps full access should be granted to those who specifically ask or need it ?

Phil
15-02-2009, 05:38 PM
T16, most of our members agree with our policy. Should you become a 260 owner and decide to join us, you may see the wisdom of it.
If you decide not to join, that is your decision.

Nich
15-02-2009, 06:28 PM

T16, most of our members agree with our policy. Should you become a 260 owner and decide to join us, you may see the wisdom of it.
If you decide not to join, that is your decision.

Wholehearted agreement. :)

ColinE
15-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Wholehearted agreement. :)

Totally agree - I've stopped visiting a number of other forums to avoid the issues Tim refers to and welcome the approach adopted here

juzza0
15-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I am shortly to become a 260 owner, but in the total absence of decent access to the other parts, I am not sure whether I would be inclined to register here even when I get one !

Sorry to sound so negative, but it's not going to help any potential owners out there by restricting access.

I used to feel the same before i got my 260, but your opinion will change when you become a full member... mine did.

People who want help before they buy a 260 can still get it from here too.

The trouble with opening the whole site up to everyone is that it effects the overall quality of the site and the people who post in my opinion.

AndyG
15-02-2009, 07:50 PM
This is great to read the reactions, but quite different to my origional post:

It was for james to have the MGMustang logo file so that when he has a 260 for sale, he can head the advert it with MGMustang logo.:confused:

:o

T16
16-02-2009, 12:10 AM
OK.

Well, why can't you give read only access to the extra sections?

I can't think of any immediate disadvantages... Not yet anyway!

Phil
16-02-2009, 08:00 AM
It was for james to have the MGMustang logo file so that when he has a 260 for sale, he can head the advert it with MGMustang logo.:confused:

:o
Speak to Tim, Andy. I think Justin has it.

precious metal
16-02-2009, 03:45 PM
This MG V8 site is very good in comms and also for info etc, and is the best of the MG sites around, but i seemed to have opened up a can of worms and touched on a nerve with some owners - sorry for that.

I understand that there are "private areas" for owner members, which is fine and fully understand this, and i can access only 85 % of the site which i accept as a non owner member ( although i have 2 x 260's in my possesion)

However my main point is if i can read, reply and post a comment as a non owner member on the forum i dont see why when someone has replied to my question or whatever and they enclose a helpful reply inc a simple photo, that the reply i can read but i cant see the photo to go with the note. personally i think this is an error or oversight in the setup of this site.

I think this particular area creates a "them and us" feeling and is not particularly clever as it is not encouraging potential owners to feeling welcome. I have a few customers who have bought 260's and feel the same way :

"The site is great in its look, setup, members, feedback etc, but the issue of full access to pics or links of the main forum should be open to all members and not just owner members but still keeping the other private areas for owner members only"

regards

James

PS - BOTH SILVER 54 reg ZT 260 SE's IN SILVER ARE NOW SOLD

AndyG
16-02-2009, 04:50 PM
............. but i seemed to have opened up a can of worms and touched on a nerve with some owners - sorry for that. James

It's OK this comes up rarely.

If you get an Aston Martin Shooting Brake or Convertable for Sale let me know ;)

:)