PDA

View Full Version : Powerfold Mirrors

T16
12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Is it worth getting a car without these?

Tim
13-02-2009, 07:15 AM

Yes and no.

Yes if you have no need to pull them in each time you park.

No, if your car is parked close to people with no sense of space and you like having buttons.

I've got one car with them and one without and like having the ability but could also live without.

spartacus
13-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I use mine when I park at the railway station and other car parks... but I usually forget to open them up again until I really need them - which can be a pain :mad:. This is the first car I've had that has got them and I never missed them in the past. You don't miss what you've never had... story of my life.

Phil
13-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it worth getting a car with them?

Yes, if you really need them, but I wouldn't pay more for them.

juzza0
13-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I hardly ever use mine... the only time i've used them is if the cars parked on a narrow street, and on the driveway into the park at the Pride of Longbridge show last year, because some idiot decided it would be funny to let a couple of cars leave the park whilst about 100 were trying to get in....it was a very tight squeeze even with the mirrors folded!:mad:

T16
13-02-2009, 06:44 PM
ahh...

You can fold them while still driving, rather than the mirrors auto folding when turning the ignition off ?

Tim
14-02-2009, 10:15 AM
ahh...

You can fold them while still driving, rather than the mirrors auto folding when turning the ignition off ?

Yep, if you are quick enough you can use them to wave to people :D

spartacus
14-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Yep, if you are quick enough you can use them to wave to people :D

And it's (probably) worth another 1 or 2 mph when you get over 120. That's the only time I ever fold mine in :D

ColinE
02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
What is the reason owners tend to use Eurorovers auto powerfold mirror kits instead of the original fit window/PFM switch pack when retro fitting these?

SH4RKY
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I assume its because not all the wiring is in place to accommodate the mirrors if retrofitting.

spartacus
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I think that it might be because the mirrors fold themselves in when you switch off you don't have to hunt around for the switch panel? And, of course you don't need to remember to fold them yourself.

Downsides are of course that you can't wave at people like TIm does, and you can't fold them in when going more than 120mph :D

Peter260
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I use mine several times a day.

But this is down to being the victim twice of bike riders (remember Netherlands) kicking them off. Not on the ZT-T though. I guess the car radiates more respect or the folding really works.

As I make it a habid to use them daily you do not forget either.
This also means they work pretty wel as mine are doing fine after 70K miles.