PDA

View Full Version : Might want to buy Zero's or X-powers anyone interested selling?

Merl
10-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi

As you all know I am looking for a ZT260 and I have been presented with a few options but 1 only has a standard exhaust and I think I wont be happy with that. I would prefer a set of Zero's but X-Powers are more affordable so basically is anyone interested in selling and if so how much would you want?

Hopefully will be testing the cars soon so trying to plan ahead and cover all bases by work out expenses and which one to go for.

Thanks

Martin

Phil Evans
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
My Zero's are currently on order for about £500 new. They should give a good power increase and are quads.

I'm not sure if the X-power exhausts increase power and they are not quads.

pessling
10-02-2009, 11:46 AM
i believe there is more of a power increase with the x powers over the zero's. scooter tested a car with an accufab and x powers and got around 15bhp, although i prefer the zeros which i have although love the noise of the x powers, just don't know if i could live with them

Phil Evans
10-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I thought that X-power did not make any claims for a power increase, just better "noise", so I assumed power would not be up?

The Zero's do claim more through-flow and my tuner (SEM) seems to think they will make a difference. Still you never really know until you get it on a dyno.

Merl
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Well I would prefer a car with zeros on as they are still quads but beggars can't be choosers....

Though If I have to upgrade then I will prob go with the zeros unless I get offered a really good deal.

SH4RKY
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Xpowers new are 300, Zeroes are about 500.

I'm interested in a set of Xpowers too, but as an additional set to the zeroes I already have. Doubt I could live with them for ever, especially in winter when I drive with low engine RPMs. So would be a summer time swap over for 'fun'.

But as it would be an unnecessary expense I would only get some if I saw a cheap 2nd set.

Doesnt help you out much though, sorry. :)

SH4RKY
11-02-2009, 02:59 PM
If you did get xpowers, im sure you would be able to sell them if you wanted to get zeroes...

Mike H
11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
How about a set of these from zero exhausts

http://zeroexhausts.co.uk/products/catalog/images/AC%20Cobra.jpg (http://zeroexhausts.co.uk/products/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=36)

SH4RKY
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
pfffff...... That's not a side exhaust....

THIS is a side exhaust:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/IMG_3098.jpg

:D hahah. it was real, hooked up and everything. Both sides!!! Didn't hear it though, but i bet it sounded ace.... ;)

Merl
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Would rather have the cobra over that cruiser.....

Sh4rky that sounds too much work to me with switching over exhausts.... If you want louder just get and keep the x-powers and if I need a set of Zeros sell them to me ;)

SH4RKY
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
:) The back boxes come of 'easily' now I have stainless steel bolts etc. But still a bit of a hassle. I think it maybe worth it for a summertime sound swap. for me at least.

Took me all day and a lot of swearing to get the original, rusted solid, stock boxes off though.

Max260
16-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Of course another route would be powerflow. Here you can tailor the exhaust and exhaust note to what ever you require. I thought of X-Power but decided that they were just that little bit too noisy. So went for powerflows which also look very nice, which have now given me the exact V8 growl that is really nice and noticeable to listen to. But is not over the top. ;)

Fully fitted is around £350 and of course you can tailor them to exactly what you are looking for. Of course the best way to make a decision is to hear examples of all three. The recent Castle Coombe event was one where we had all three types on display.

Max

Merl
16-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Of course another route would be powerflow. Here you can tailor the exhaust and exhaust note to what ever you require. I thought of X-Power but decided that they were just that little bit too noisy. So went for powerflows which also look very nice, which have now given me the exact V8 growl that is really nice and noticeable to listen to. But is not over the top. ;)

Fully fitted is around £350 and of course you can tailor them to exactly what you are looking for. Of course the best way to make a decision is to hear examples of all three. The recent Castle Coombe event was one where we had all three types on display.

Max

Not considered Powerflow so might have to give them a ring as just discovered I live 5mins from one of their dealers...

Hoping to listen to normal and some zeros too this week as going to try and meet up with sharky who has the zeros. Ideally it would be great to listen to them all at the same time but as they are all over the country that aint going to be practical....

Cheers

Martin

Phil
16-02-2009, 03:37 PM
You can probably listen to all the variations at a meet, if you can wait that long. You will have to do more than change the back boxes if you want it to sound like Bullitt's Mustang or Death Proof.

The main problem is probably the centre balance pipe, but there's not much you can do about it without getting a full dual pipe system. There are a few to look at if you go to enough meetings.

I have the Zeroes and while they are easy to live with day to day, they are a bit on the meek and mild side.

The perfect set up would be Zeroes at the back with two electric exhaust valves dumping into a straight through side exhaust system for when you just feel that way out. :D

My Harley has straight through drag pipes on it so when I'm in that sort of mood, I take that out. :cool: (so long as it's not wet or a bit chilly).