PDA

View Full Version : New Engines, Gearboxes, front & rear stuffups

GeoffW
04-02-2009, 06:40 PM
If anyone wants a new engine heres your man,

Geoff,

Thanks for your e-mail enquiry.

We too have a ZT260 one of the 06 late registered vehicles and also one of the Xpower SVR's, we have used these vehicles to evaluate the suspension set-ups, steering geometry and engine/gearbox performance for our 'retro-rebuild' projects on the Jensen Interceptor's and Jaguar Mk11 classic cars.

In stock we have around 20 complete rear 'stuff-up' assemblies, 20 front 'stuff-up' assemblies, which include engine gearbox, running gear, brakes, steering, exhausts etc.

In addition we have around 50 engines and gearboxes, both auto and manual(some tremec 5 speed some 6 speed), we also have one supercharged engine and a small number of 5.0litre(sean hyland produced 385hp) dohc engines, there are also several hydratrak differentials avaialble.

Prices are as follows:-

4.6 SOHC fully dressed units £1200.00 each
4.6 SOHC bare blocks £850.00 each
5.0 DOHC 4 only available £1600.00 each
4.6 Supercharged SOHC 1 only £2000.00
Tremec 5 speed gearboxes £575.00 each
Tremec T56 6 speed gearboxes £675.00 each
Ford 4 speed auto gearboxes £775.00 each
Base 4.6 stuff up with auto or manual gearbox,includes steering rack, manifolds, mounts, subframe, discs and callipers.Some units have exhausts, heat shields and suspension parts. £2300.00 each
Hydratrac differentials £275.00 each

All the above prices are net of VAT and payment terms are strictly cleared funds prior to collection.

Address:- Bespoke auto developments
Unit 7, Scragg house,
Langley business park,
Langley road,
Langley, nr Macclesfield,
SK11 0DG. Tel:- 01260 253996.

We also, fit, repair, upgrade and services vehicles with these engine gearbox combinations. If we can be of any help to you and your members please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ian Beckenham
Bespoke auto Developments.

I am tempted to get a fully dressed engine and gearbox which comes with an alternator , air con pump, starter, manifolds, wiring, possibly coil packs throttle body, manifolds etc .
I have the room under my bench in the workshop, can possibly get vat back as well Cost £ 1500.00 plus vat

what to do :confused::confused::confused:

BigA
04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
So what about the six speed boxes then? Will they fit without any other mods -anyone know (Scooter?)

ColinE
04-02-2009, 07:42 PM
So what about the six speed boxes then? Will they fit without any other mods -anyone know (Scooter?)

Methinks a new gear linkage would be needed also!

Oh and a new gear knob

havoc1
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Bloody Hell! [reflexively reaches for credit card] a 5.0 385bhp engine for £1600 plus VAT?

I'm not so naive to think these things are 'simple'; anyone know what effort and cost we would be looking at for an engine swap to a 5.0? Surely it must need a different exhaust and there be 101 things that need to change compared to the 4.6?

AndyG
04-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Bloody Hell! [reflexively reaches for credit card] a 5.0 385bhp engine for £1600 plus VAT?

I'm not so naive to think these things are 'simple'; anyone know what effort and cost we would be looking at for an engine swap to a 5.0? Surely it must need a different exhaust and there be 101 things that need to change compared to the 4.6?

Yes. Plus remove the second bulkhead. :eek:

:)

havoc1
04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh well, it was a fun idea while it lasted ;)

pessling
05-02-2009, 02:37 AM
tempted to get a diff, thats peanuts for that.

Martin Warner
05-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately due to force of circumstances I have already done business with Ian Beckenham. He is a decent chap with a very interesting business there. Well worth a visit if you can.

Martin

SH4RKY
06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
It is pretty cheap. But apart from the seals, the diffs are pretty bomb proof, no?

havoc1
11-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Geoff, do you have that guy Ian's email address? Their contact us form doesn't work and I left a message last week asking them to call me, which of course they haven't.

black olive
11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes. Plus remove the second bulkhead. :eek:

theres only a heater valve, brake lines and a brake servo in the plenum

buy a black olive valve, mount it in the engine bay, remote servo in the boot a' la mark 1 RS 1600, and Bobs yer uncle

havoc1
11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
If that's the case then surely one of those 5.0 engines would be far more cost effective than a supercharger. I feel this sounds 'too good to be true' (much as I would like it to be true ;)

GeoffW
11-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Havoc , his contact details are Ian@mactecheurope.co.uk

I have just told him to put my name on a fully dressed engine and gearbox unit which comes with all coil packs and wiring ,air con compressor, alternator
steering pump , throttle body, drive belts etc etc ( am I Mad or just a fanatic)

all for £ 1500.00 luckily I can get half the vat back as he can invoice half to my business and pay balance in cash .
Just dread what the Mrs will say when I unload it from the van, Ideally I would like to varnish the whole thing, place a nice chunk of smoked glass on the top and use it as a coffee table in the lounge :eek::eek::eek: come on guys I need some convincing reasons why not :) but I think it will be banished to the workshop and stored under my bench covered in oily rags :(

Just the coil packs are worth £ 880.00 plus vat going by x part prices !!

havoc1
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks Geoff. I feel that if you intend to keep the car a long time and have the space, that buying that stuff makes total sense. Is the setup you are buying brand new?

GeoffW
11-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes the cars for keeps and yes there all brand new :)

pessling
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
If only i had the room

spartacus
12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
If only i had the room... and the money :(

I sometimes feel like the poor relation on here...

ColinE
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
... and the money :(

I sometimes feel like the poor relation on here...

We must be related then as I've no money either

JohnB
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
We must be related then as I've no money either

Welcome to my world !

John

Martin Warner
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I used to have a little money. Then I blew up my 260...........

havoc1
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
13.7mpg is a bit of a shock to me too.

GeoffW
12-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I Used to have a little money as well, then I bought a 260 quite content, not even being aware there was a blower available, then I joined the 260 club and the rest is history.( I Blame Tim for starting it all off :D:D)
at least over the last few years because I have kept the car and not replaced it, like I would have done with a normal one ,I still have the money that would have been swallowed up with a change of car, so I still have a little little bit to keep it pampered :)

Peter260
06-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Not sure I fully understand.

4.6 Supercharged SOHC 1 only £2000.00

Does this mean an engine plus the SuperCharger fitted and new ?

No idea what the fitting cost would be but this sounds to good to good to be true...which useually means it is.

How do I find out ? Website maybe?

Thanks, Peter

havoc1
07-03-2009, 07:06 AM
I wondered the same too. I called them and emailed and never heard anything back. Let me know if you find out

Ian Maw
07-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Geoff, do what Clarkson did an use it as food mixer, do your think your misses would notice?

GeoffW
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
I am going to collect my unit on Monday, but scratching away at the back of my mind is the problem that Martin Warner has had with his new engine when I spoke to Ian Buckingham last week I asked him if the engines were dry, he seemed to think there was no oil in them, so if the only oil in there is the stuff that they were assembled with is that enough to hold back any corrosion that may have occurred in the last 4 years????
What I may do is ask him to remove the sump and have a look inside before buying
There is a company called cortec that makes a product to put into engines that are going to be stored for a long time, I believe its called fogging oil.
the other thing I was wondering, is it worth backing off the rocker arms to relieve the springs so as they don't become 'set'

Jules
24-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I went to see this lot last year, but IRRC were in Low level dry storage near Derby.
No rust was apparent even on the bare disc brake stuff ups

Reasons I didn't buy anything after some research was for the following reasons;

1: The DOHC cam SV engine is too wide to go between the ZT spring turrets
2: The Roush Super charger set up might be a problem getting ECU to MAP to it.
3. The 6 speed gearbox is not as robust as the OEM 5 speed.

SJR
25-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I went to see this lot last year, but IRRC were in Low level dry storage near Derby.
No rust was apparent even on the bare disc brake stuff ups

Reasons I didn't buy anything after some research was for the following reasons;

1: The DOHC cam SV engine is too wide to go between the ZT spring turrets
2: The Roush Super charger set up might be a problem getting ECU to MAP to it.
3. The 6 speed gearbox is not as robust as the OEM 5 speed.

I thought that the T-56 was a very strong box and the TR-3650 as fitted to a 260 Is one of the least popular Tremmec boxes?

I know that 03-04 Terminator Mustang Cobras come from the factory with the T-56, and they make good power. And the Viper spec T-56 is super strong.

I looked at buying a T-56 for my Mustang, but they are quite a lot heavier than the TR-3550 I went for.
Also there would not have been much benefit of the extra sixth gear in my particular application.

SJR