PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder heads available

JERRY
19-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a few pairs of V8 cylinder head assemblies for sale.
Brand new, MGR boxed, complete with valves,springs,rockers and camshafts - £100.00 each (retail over £750.00 each.)
Carriage extra, quite heavy best collect.

pessling
19-01-2009, 03:41 PM
how about buy one get one FREE? its tempting, what sort of increases could be had by having them ported and polished?

JERRY
19-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I am doing a set myself later this year, together with
a set of mild cams. It will be interesting to see how it all
works out.
The standard ports especially around the area below the
valve are very poor.

pessling
19-01-2009, 04:52 PM
its a shame that the major cost is having to have the engine dropped to install them

JERRY
19-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that its possible to change them in situ by applying a bit of
imagination. Front end off etc

ColinE
19-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Brand new, MGR boxed, complete with valves,springs,rockers and camshafts - £100.00 each (retail over £750.00 each.)

£100 each pair - not a bad deal ;):D

AndyG
19-01-2009, 05:28 PM

As I have a dodgy tappet I would invest in a pair. :)

Andy

ColinE
20-01-2009, 03:21 PM

I'll take a pair - you have a PM

Fleckers66
22-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi very interested, can you give rough idea how much to send to Kent

Cheers

ColinE
22-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi very interested, can you give rough idea how much to send to Kent

Cheers

I'm picking up 2 tomorrow - could pick up 4 and meet up as I am only in West Sussex - need to know soon though

R.D.Stillwaters
29-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I would like a pair of heads if there are any left, please!

Phil. Mobile 0785zero 8one7137

ZT-T

R.D.Stillwaters
31-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Can anyone comment on whether the right and left heads on our engines are interchangeable as I understand only new right bank are available but the left bank,apart from the cam is identical!

Thanks for your help.

Phil ZT-T vin #399

Tim
31-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Can anyone comment on whether the right and left heads on our engines are interchangeable as I understand only new right bank are available but the left bank,apart from the cam is identical!

Thanks for your help.

Phil ZT-T vin #399

Would have said no as I don't think they are asymmetrical. Just checked my Sean Hyland engine bible and there is no mention of being able to swap heads so again would say no.

pessling
31-01-2009, 03:30 PM
when you think about where the timing gear is and where the exhaust ports are there is no way that they could be swapped because of the way the inlet and exhaust outlets are, so would need to be different

JERRY
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I have just re-checked the heads L/H side to R/H side andf believe me they are the same apart from the cams poking out from different ends.
The casting numbers are the same and all holes and threads and dowel locations are the same.
I have even changed the cams side to side.
I suppose that is why they call it a modular engine.

Anyone that orders the next pair of heads and is not happy with taking a pair of R/H heads can have my own L/H head.

Regards

Jerry

R.D.Stillwaters
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Jerry,

I've spoken to MG Rover main dealers, Dreadnaught and others and a bit of research of my own and the concensus of opinion is that the L/R heads are different (same castings i.e. casting numbers but machined differently) and they are not interchangeable.

However personally I would like just one pair please if you can provide a right and left head.

Many thanks. Phil 078five0 8171three7

R.D.Stillwaters
17-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks Gerry. The two heads are fantastic value. I have had a close look at both left & right side and like you cannot see any difference at all. And as we found out at your workshop only the head gaskets differ tochange the coolant flow charateristics through each head.

Sean Hewland (USA) reckons they are different but couldn't say why. Other USA racing suppliers sell modified head x 2 required with no reference to right or left side.

thanks again for a great deal and great hospitality also :-)

Phil & Dawn