PDA

View Full Version : Standard Exhausts

pessling
27-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I recently saw a pair of standard back boxes on ebay go for around the £100 mark so was surprised. as to other than owners they are next to useless. On this basis any one want to buy a pair of standard exhaust for £100?????? less than 10k on them,

Peter

Phil
27-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I've seen a couple of FWDs with twin rear boxes recently. I think that's your market. I've also got a pair in the garage! ;)

Tim
28-12-2008, 09:21 AM
lol me too. Mine have an extra use though. Fate decided that I would use one of my original exhausts as a store for a 12mm socket end. :o

Can I get it out....................no!

Phil Evans
28-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a pair of OEM rear boxes and cats for sale, with only 10,000 miles covered since new in 2006. They are being replaced with Zero Quads and Miltek Sports Cats. Both boxes can be had for £99 in total, plus delivery and the cats for £120 total, plus delivery. Or the lot for £200, plus delivery.

I can also recommend a garage in Berkshire which has customised my V8 and is therefore great at fitting the items - South East Motorsports (SEM).

Also a standard MG front grille badge, still in the bag. Anyone interested for £5 plus postage?

PS: I'm new to the "260's" and should have joined in June 2007 when I bought the V8.

:D

Tim
28-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm new to the "260's" and should have joined in June 2007 when I bought the V8.

So you should but welcome aboard now. In the shop Phil you will find the 260's front grille badge which is enamel and of a better quality than the original.

I'd put the boxes on e-bay as well as here as I'm guessing the market here is going to be very very limited.

AndyG
28-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Welcome to the fold, you will find a lot of info here.

"Why change the cats as I understood we already had Sports cats as standard"?

If you have more than one person wants your boxes, please post on here as many of us have spare back boxes. (me too)

Phil Evans
31-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome Andy,
My local tuner has looked at the 260 OEM Cats and reckons the Miltek race ones will be an improvement. He's been excellent with advice so far. I will send him the detail on the 260's forum about the 260 cat's spec to be on the safe side and not spend for no performnace gain.
Happy New Year
Phil

:cool:

ksilver
01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome Andy,
My local tuner has looked at the 260 OEM Cats and reckons the Miltek race ones will be an improvement. He's been excellent with advice so far. I will send him the detail on the 260's forum about the 260 cat's spec to be on the safe side and not spend for no performnace gain.
Happy New Year
Phil

:cool:

Has already been discussed (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=2097&highlight=cats), consensus seems to be that they are already fat flow (see Nic's post).

Phil Evans
05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I spoke to my garage this morning and the Miltek Sports Cats will have a 200 cell metal substrate construction, which should see some gains. I am having the exhaust manifolds wrapped with a DEI V8 kit at the same time; this should aid exhaust scavenging/flow and reduce engine bay temperature.

The DEI V8 wrap kit came from Mustangs Unlimited in the USA for $90 plus delivery and duty (about $150 total). With the collapsing exchange rate, Amber Performance is probably cheaper now.

Fishy has made an offer for the OEM cats, which I have accepted. :)

The rear boxes are still avaliable for £99 (plus delivery). :rolleyes: