PDA

View Full Version : endurance racer

V8 Pete
01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Dont no if this still available

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.eracingcars.com/acatalog/OAKFIE10000009_main.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.eracingcars.com/acatalog/newly_listed.html&usg=__L6PNTJSzTZYBNMKDLqqFV_U_e-s=&h=200&w=300&sz=17&hl=en&start=125&tbnid=lUnWeywcvX_TUM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmg%2Bzt%2Bwheels%26start%3D105%26gbv% 3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

JulesV
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
It has been for sale through Oakfields for ages.

I have always wondered what happened to the works Le Mans cars. Were they sold on to become customer cars or are they hiding in a barn somewhwere? Also the ZT-T Bonneville car....

pessling
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
was posted over on the 75andzt forum, about the very car, its been brought and is now at home in the land of OZ, and has even had its first race.

AndyG
01-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Spec includes:
Ford V8 32V 480bhp
Drenth 5 speed sequential box
Cone BTR Diff with cooler
AP endurance racing brakes
FIA ATL 100 ltr dry break tank with twin HP pumps
Bilstien 3 way adj dampers
Adjstable suspension
Pectal engine control
Digital pro logger
Lifeline plumbed extinguisher system
4 Point Air jacks
6 point welded roll cage
Seam welded shell
Electronic launch control
Cobra evolution seat
TSR full race harness
colour: Black
interior colour: Silver
drive: LHD
type: Saloon

pessling
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
here you go pic's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rccapics/sets/72157609564357373/

AndyG
02-12-2008, 11:56 AM
here you go pic's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rccapics/sets/72157609564357373/

Thank you Peter.

Last paragraph: "There is a apparently a similar car in the UK built by Dreadnought":eek:

ksilver
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Spec includes:

Ford V8 32V 480bhp

So how did they get that in then?

I would assume that a very large hammer was involved in making some space ;)

BigA
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
"There is a apparently a similar car in the UK built by Dreadnought":eek:
Pity they've taken it to OZ, Scooter could've had a race on his hands!

pessling
04-12-2008, 09:53 PM
So how did they get that in then?

I would assume that a very large hammer was involved in making some space ;)

i would like to see how much work was done also to see how it was fitted in, perhaps Scooter would be so kind to take some pictures when the engine is out on the 520 Please ;););)

Fleckers66
06-12-2008, 08:31 AM
If I am honest here I can 100% say that I have owned worse :)

I would love to stuff a real V8 up front, but space is limited, even for a decent set of headers, so until I win the lottery I will not be able to change the engine.

That said anything is possible, I used to own a ford anglebox with a SBC in it.

What I see are our problems are

Inner wings
Front Bulkhead
Poss transmission tunnel
then at the back how we sort the exhaust at the rear axle
then once that is sorted

how much power do we want, I know lots is never enough but if I was going to spend the money fitting a 32v unit I would want at least 550 bhp so thats then looking at new gear box, back axle and traction, I know mine breaks traction very easily so double the power, so do we tub the rear arches or blow them out ?

do I want topspeed or acceleration
do I want both, lower the axle to 4.11:1 and put a 6 speed box in......

or maybe just get an audi RS6...............

still got to win the lottery first as I am about £70k short for any of the above and if I did SWMBO would kill me for not sorting out her car and the mortgage

ColinE
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
..........................short for any of the above and if I did SWMBO would kill me for not sorting out her car and the mortgage

Sounds oddly familiar? Is this a common 260 problem, I know I suffer from it

SJR
07-12-2008, 07:43 AM
(quote) or maybe just get an audi RS6...............:eek::eek:

SJR

SJR
07-12-2008, 08:08 AM
If you have the skills needed then I don't think it would cost that much to put a 32v motor in. You can pick up used motors from 03-04 Terminator Cobra Mustangs quite cheaply and a Viper spec T-56 6 speed is not to expensive, although I would just run with the standard box and see how it holds up. I would also assume that the axle would cope with the power.

I assume that the steering column would clear, as it must be lower than head height when it passes the motor?

Most of the work involved would be bodywork/shell fabrication.
And maybe a stand alone engine management system such as the ones from F.A.S.T (Fuel Air Spark Technology) could get it all talking?

And the exhaust would use the original equipment.

But there are still options with the 2 valve, they can be stroked to 5.0 or more with some lovely forged internals, and you normally get a nice increase in torque with a stroker motor :cool:.
Or you could add a power adder Supercharger, remote turbo or two, or you could add the giggle gas:)

SJR

Phil
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I agree with SJR and for the following reason.

I am not conviced that 4 smaller valves is always better than 2 big ones. It doubles the amount of valve springs for a start and that increases drag on the crankshaft. That in itself raises the revs at which the power is available as the engine has to overcome the significant inertia created by all those springs before it can start to perform.

OK, you can get more fuel/air in, to a degree, but for the above reason low speed torque is reduced. The advantage of having a big V8 is exactly that...low down torque. My preference would be to preserve the low down torque on a road car, by retaining the 16 valve configuration and stroking or s/c it.

SH4RKY
07-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Anyone know how the Oz owner (sorry, forgot his name :()is getting on replacing his engine with a SC 500+(?)bhp monster direct from SHM??

Cant remember the facts now... was it a modified 2v 4.6 ford V8? or a Chevrolet V8 that apparently fits in our engine bay (it was an option over the ford unit at one point in the development process?)

Tim
07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Anyone know how the Oz owner (sorry, forgot his name :()is getting on replacing his engine with a SC 500+(?)bhp monster direct from SHM??

Cant remember the facts now... was it a modified 2v 4.6 ford V8? or a Chevrolet V8 that apparently fits in our engine bay (it was an option over the ford unit at one point in the development process?)

V8fangio (Steve) is progressing his mod. Its a 32v 5L from SHM with 520bhp I think.

pessling
07-01-2009, 06:45 PM
don't think its the 32 valve Tim, as he never mentioned any extra work with the firewall, although i could be mistaken.

SH4RKY
08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Glad to hear it :)

With all those v8 Holdens running about down there I guess he needed the extra oomph ;)