PDA

View Full Version : New buyer

brianwatson
24-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi, just bought my first zt 260, after daihatsu yrv turbo (mental car) focus st (divorce car), meriva vxr (new baby) and micra sport (credit crunch) and am waiting to pick it up on sunday. I'll fill the questionnaire in then. It's on a 53 plate, got the x-power exhausts and is in blue, probably the best car colour I've ever seen imho. Living in bradford, some advice as to a good place to get it serviced and looked after would be welcome. Kind regards

brian

Tim
24-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Welcome along Brian. Someone close to you will give advice on a good service centre.

Thud
25-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Brian,
are you getting this car from a dealer in the North East? If so let me know as I have some details of the history (don't worry nothing dodgy!!)

Stuart

brianwatson
25-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, it's the one in the north-east. I have seen the you tube footage of it. Went up to see and drive it t'other day and it was a heart/head kind of thing. Heart won. Regards. brian

colintf
25-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Brian and welcome!

:cool:

John Newey
25-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Brian and welcome. Hope you get as much pleasure as I've had from my 2 ZT260's. However, Brian, you do know that this is not just a car? It's a car with soul and them X-Power exhausts will be enough to scare old ladies and vicars and get people asking "Is that a V8,mate?" (Usually gets a better reaction when you mention that it's a Mustang V8!) It has it's quirks, but with the help of a good garage and the knowledge from some of the guys here, then you should be just fine.

1POWERRACK
25-11-2008, 07:16 PM
welcome to the club, these are fantastic cars!

Blue Flash
26-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi Brian,over @ Keighley and an owner for the last 3.5 yrs will keep an eye out for you but tend to commute around the Skipton/Clitheroe area any Q@A's PM with your STD/ or call round.

PS. what Blue are you?

Paul.

Thud
26-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Looks like Brian is buying my old car which is well sorted and should serve him well. Enjoy!!

Meanwhile I have disgracefully skulked off into Porsche ownership - and you thought running a 260 was expensive HA!!

TTFN!

spartacus
26-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Looks like Brian is buying my old car which is well sorted and should serve him well. Enjoy!!

Meanwhile I have disgracefully skulked off into Porsche ownership - and you thought running a 260 was expensive HA!!

TTFN!

How strange you are.... I know they are great cars, but I just can't imagine myself ever owning one. I hope no-one ever bookmarks this post :p

re-tread
26-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Living in bradford, some advice as to a good place to get it serviced and looked after would be welcome.

Welcome Brian

I'm in Wakefield and have spoken to the guys at Clemo in Cleckheaton on a few occasions. They have (possibly still do) looked after a couple of supercharged versions and know of Dreadnought so can't be all bad. I've thought about taking my motor to them but still use JCT600 in Wakefield. JCT have been OK and have always been able to sort out any niggles, the last one being the diff oil seal. Have been to Clemo for a few parts though.

cheers

Dave

brianwatson
27-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the advice evryone. It's nice to trace former owners - the car was immaculate and a credit to you, sir. Nice to have a support network not too far away from sunny bradford either. Sunday can't come quick enough. Kind regards. brian

brianwatson
30-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Well, it's on the drive. Vin ###107. Wonderful drive down from the north-east. Very steady, with a few leaden foot moments to gawp at the torque and annoy BMW/Type R Civic drivers (and a lunatic in a white van). Handbrake struggles a bit on steep hills but that'll be easy sorted I'm sure. After I get my self sorted I'll do the full registration form. Everyone's been really helpful thus far. What a car.

colintf
30-11-2008, 06:13 PM
gald your enjoying 107!

:cool:

AndyG
30-11-2008, 06:50 PM
.......................Handbrake struggles a bit on steep hills but that'll be easy sorted I'm sure............

Congratulations on the purchase.:D:p:D

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=3215&highlight=Hand+Brake

;)

stevemiller
30-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Welcome and enjoy.

Steve.