PDA

View Full Version : How much are my set of Straights worth?

V8 Martin
06-11-2008, 11:15 PM
What do you reckon guys? What should I expect to get?

I have a set of original Straights alloys from my '04 V8 that I might as well sell. All in excellent condition, only the most minor kerb marks as I recall (they are in boxes).

I've got an extra as a spare too, also in good shape.

Oh yeah - got a load of top end engine bits like intake manifold/injectors and odds & ends removed for a supercharger conversion. Any takers? Not expecting a lot for these....

Blue Flash
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Martin hope you get lucky,had much the same dilemma as you with the surplus parts after the upgrade(almost 3 yrs now),tried ebay and drew a blank,even offered them for pennies with a view to getting a bit of publicity for the 260's/Dreadnought to Practical Performance mag who at the time were doing an install with the 4.6 into a Transit van but they were missing most of the top end and even rung them (editor who seemed intrested at the time)under the condition that the buyer had to collect...heard nothing so in the end binned every thing except the injectors and the nuts and bolts the later I kept due to the "magpie syndrome" as I was sick of the clutter even offered them on here (I think) but to no avail.One item that I did keep was the stock air rubber inlet as Ive had a one piece inlet tube manufactured to replace the OEM and toyed with the idea of using the steel item as a mould/jig and maybe look into the possibilities of having one replicated in carbon fibre but fear it may be expensive but Iam going to look into it.

Phil
07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I think £50 per wheel, (or £200 for 5) is a good price. I have seen several bordering round that sort of area. Just my two-penneth.

black olive
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
if you've got a godd set, should fetch around the £300 mark on ebay.
you will get more interest if you offer to arrange a courier ( at the buyers expense). A lot of people cant be faffed going to pick parts up.

Mike Gray
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I sold a set of 4 straights one at a time and averaged around £60 per wheel with tyres.

You can courier for quite low cost if you go for 48 hour delivery.

Mike

jphunton
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi mate, I need a straight alloy as a spare ive youve still got one. I would be happy to pay £50 + carraige (just for the wheel) or more if there is a tyre on it ? Let me know thanks.

ProtoZT
09-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Do you have the Mustang Badge Plenum, Mine was removed at the factory by MGR with no replacement available, cosmetic, but I know it's missing.

Paul