PDA

View Full Version : v8 looking

desperado
21-10-2008, 05:59 PM
hi all first post .Just had a look at a v8 as advertised on autotrader its the one at £7490 at sms motors in leicester 43000 miles in x power grey, reg fp04jpx, vin last 3 387 commision no 23667 was in ok nick ,few things i could see front bumper had being off and not put back right ,the v on the v8 side badge was missing.interior was clean no disk in the sat nav ,rear disc were getting worn bit of a lip on the edge, wheels had been kerbed on 3 wheels ,tyres had plenty left, anyone no the history on this one, just not the one for me so still looking , :)

Phil
21-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi Desperado,

Welcome on board and it's great to hear that you are in the process of buying a 260. I would strongly recommend that you look at what may be, or become, for sale on here, as they are almost bound to be the best cars.
Owned and cared for by enthusiasts. Some downright fanatically!

Just my twopenneth,

All the best,

Phil

SJR
21-10-2008, 09:04 PM
With regard to the front bumper not being refitted correctly. I believe that lots of them came from the factory like that. But I am quite new to 260s as well so maybe someone will confirm this?

Good luck with the search,

SJR

re-tread
21-10-2008, 11:42 PM
The bumper may have been off to replace the radiator. Worth a check as that would be a job ticked off. I've had the bumper off mine twice now and still can't get it to relocate on the pins properly.

Go here for a few other pointers.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=44708

Welcome and enjoy.

pessling
22-10-2008, 12:24 AM
bumper is easy to remove but a pig to get on right, swapped to my repainted bumper today and just doesn't fit as good as the original. But will make it fit better when i have a spare moment,