PDA

View Full Version : Looking into 260's and saw this....

Stu C
27-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi all! well, im after a change and im going to push the boat out and get a V8 (cant take your money with you when your dead!) And been looking at motors on the autotrader etc.. and seen this one on there in Red.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/636751.htm

1. I love red ZT's, and 2. It a v8 ;) Just wodnering if anyone has any information on this at all? And how easy would the tow bar be to take off?

Ive got the guy ringing me tomorrow about my ZT190 for part exchange, so all being well......

Regards

Stralis

Tim
27-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi all! well, im after a change and im going to push the boat out and get a V8 (cant take your money with you when your dead!) And been looking at motors on the autotrader etc.. and seen this one on there in Red.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/636751.htm

1. I love red ZT's, and 2. It a v8 ;) Just wodnering if anyone has any information on this at all? And how easy would the tow bar be to take off?

Ive got the guy ringing me tomorrow about my ZT190 for part exchange, so all being well......

Regards

Stralis

Yep, I know the vin and came off the production line 14th October 2003. Standard trim Leather &Alcantara seats. Have two previous owners, one being MGR the other an ex-member.

Are you impressed ;)

Contemporary
27-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you impressed ;)

Well I am :eek:

Looks a nice car. Good luck with it.

AndyG
27-08-2008, 11:22 PM
/..........................Stralis

Engine and gearbox almost unbustable. ;)

Tow bar should be easy to take off. But will tow a house down. :p

Welcome. :)

ksilver
27-08-2008, 11:25 PM
But will tow a house down. :p

Save yourself the cost of a caravan, just tow the house with you :eek:

Stu C
28-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Yep, I know the vin and came off the production line 14th October 2003. Standard trim Leather &Alcantara seats. Have two previous owners, one being MGR the other an ex-member.

Are you impressed ;)

Ooo yeah i am actually! October 2003 wow, only a month after my 190 then (she came off 35th week irrc)

And even better being an ex member, so sounds like she's looked after then, just the words i wanted to hear. Im fairly happy with the part ex price on mine, so its up the bank tomorrow see if i can sort the ol finances out....

Engine and gearbox almost unbustable. ;)

Welcome. :)

Thanks Andy, engine and box - as in the stralis? Yeah shes not too bad for a 450 :o and the MG - same as by the looks of thing!

colintf
28-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi and welcome - go for it!

:cool:

Womble
28-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Was that Tony's old one?

Tim
28-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Was that Tony's old one?

Yep!...............

Womble
28-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Yep!...............

Thought it might've been. I've been in it, but that was a good couple of years ago, and I couldn't remember if it had Alcantara.

It certainly proved that our beasties could take a fair old ragging without anything major going wrong! :D

Womble
28-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Actually, if that IS Tony's old car (and Tim, I've no reason to doubt you) then alarm bells are starting to ring.

I've been having a look to see if I could find that video of him tracking it against the M3 CSL (sadly it seems to be no more on his website), but in looking for a link, I noticed him saying on PH that he'd done over 50,000 miles in it, which would suggest that the owner since he sold it over a year ago has done minus 2,000 miles in it!

Stralis, you might want to approach with a little more caution than usual. I think I've still got Tony's mobile number somewhere, so if they do claim it's on 48k miles, I could put you in touch with him to check.

Phil
29-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Well remembered Chris.

Stu C
29-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Ah thanks for the heads up! - Just seen this, and hopefully popping down to see it in a minute...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=10231&pageid=3&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=2&start=5&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200835317347826

should be interesting :D

Regards

Stralis

Womble
29-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Check the engine on that one. It may just be a trick of the light, but it looks as though it has already been fitted with an Accufab (or other polished) throttle body and plenum rather than the stock part.

If it has got an Accufab fitted, this is a good thing, as it gives you an extra 8-10bhp, and isn't cheap!

Nich
29-08-2008, 06:06 PM
From another thread:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZT-260-V8-Saloon-2003-53_W0QQitemZ290255140220QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item29 0255140220&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A4|65%3A12|240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Nich.

Tim
29-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually, if that IS Tony's old car (and Tim, I've no reason to doubt you) then alarm bells are starting to ring.

I've been having a look to see if I could find that video of him tracking it against the M3 CSL (sadly it seems to be no more on his website), but in looking for a link, I noticed him saying on PH that he'd done over 50,000 miles in it, which would suggest that the owner since he sold it over a year ago has done minus 2,000 miles in it!

Stralis, you might want to approach with a little more caution than usual. I think I've still got Tony's mobile number somewhere, so if they do claim it's on 48k miles, I could put you in touch with him to check.

well picked up Chris.

I've got an old e-mail for Tony so could drop him a message if you wish Stuart.

Blue Flash
29-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Was on ebay a good while ago in Ireland....had a rear shot of it sporting the Nurburg ring sticker on the boot lid which I know Tony did.

Stu C
29-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Check the engine on that one. It may just be a trick of the light, but it looks as though it has already been fitted with an Accufab (or other polished) throttle body and plenum rather than the stock part.

If it has got an Accufab fitted, this is a good thing, as it gives you an extra 8-10bhp, and isn't cheap!

Hi Womble, its certainly no trick of the light! Upgraded throttle body with original in the boot as well.

And the receipts for it is just amazing, leaking water in boot fixed etc... most under the warrenty the last owner had. Full service history, mots etc... and shes taxed and tested till march next year as well.

So when i pick her up tomorrow, i can drive it straight off the forcourt!

Yep, she is now MINE :D:D:D I wont sleep tonght :o

Tim
29-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Womble, its certainly no trick of the light! Upgraded throttle body with original in the boot as well.

And the receipts for it is just amazing, leaking water in boot fixed etc... most under the warrenty the last owner had. Full service history, mots etc... and shes taxed and tested till march next year as well.

So when i pick her up tomorrow, i can drive it straight off the forcourt!

Yep, she is now MINE :D:D:D I wont sleep tonght :o

Good man! Christmas come early!

colintf
30-08-2008, 12:32 PM
someone got a bargain there!

:cool: