PDA

View Full Version : HOT car (in more ways than one)

SJR
17-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Well I collected my 260 from SMC High Wycombe yesterday, No 302 (which is quite apt as I have been messing about with 5.0/302 Windsor small blocks for the last six years). I am really pleased with the car. The whole package is very good. I didn't realise how lazy the modular Ford V8's are as my Mustang with its GT-40 crate motor revs like crazy. But I think it suits the car's nature.

The only problem that I have at the moment is that, even with the heating off, heat is still flowing from under the dash and it is pretty warm in the cabin. Is there likely to be a valve jammed somewhere :confused:. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

reverie158
17-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Justin,

It's one of those 'They all do that, Sir' ones I'm afraid. It's one of the quirks we're yet to get sorted out with them.

The bonus is that you get to have the windows open so you can hear more V8 growliness :D

Cheers

Justin.

pessling
17-08-2008, 03:26 PM
yeah one of them things i'm afraid, one of the many ZT 260 quirks, including the flashing red light on the instrument pack

Peter

ksilver
17-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi SJR hope you enjoy the car.

The heater valve "issue" has been discussed in several threads on here, and there may be a couple of possible causes. I recently had the heater blow hot but I was able to manually adjust the valve and it's been running cold since, if you go over to Spunagain's (http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html) excellent site there are instructions there to guide you to the valves location etc.

black olive
18-08-2008, 09:12 AM
it will be the heater blend valve.
SMC should be well aware of this and should replace under warranty

Phil
18-08-2008, 09:20 AM
One of the tried and tested cures is to set the controls to HI then LO a few times to loosen the valve up. Sometimes, if that doesn't work, switching the ignition off and back on again frees it up.

Other than that, as Steve said, they have been replaced under warranty and SMC will be aware of this.

pessling
18-08-2008, 11:17 AM
must be sticking, as when we test drove it the other day i didn't notice anything, perhaps where its been sitting around