PDA

View Full Version : Any info on this car?

SJR
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I took a 260 (non SE) out for a test drive today and really liked it. I wondered if any of you knew anything about it (e.g. if one of you has previously owned it)? It is for sale at SMC High Wycombe for £8,995 (28000 miles on the clock) and the registration number is: BL 54 MSY. The last three numbers of the VIN are 302. It appears to be in good order but it has three different makes of tyres on it (all of which aren't in great order) and SMC are saying that they aren't willing to budge on the price. I really didn't want to pay this much for it (and is in fact a bit over my budget) but it would be helpful to know a bit more about the history before making any offer on it. I'd be really grateful for any information anyone has on this car and/or for any views on the price etc.

Also, if any of you know of any others for sale (Mark II saloon), I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Thanks,

Justin

pessling
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
would be worth asking them to put new tyres on as as a bargining chip, also make sure that the fuel clip has been done, and that you get a heater hose from this site and for them to replace it for you give you peace of mine that it won't fail on you.

AndyG
10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
............................but it has three different makes of tyres on it (all of which aren't in great order) .......

Why would a Garage sell a performance car with odd tyres?????? :(
The small spot of rubber at the bottom of the tyre is the only contact the car has with the road surface.:eek: keep them even.:)

I do not drive a car (hard) with different tread wear on the same axel !!

:mad:

SJR
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi,
SMC said that they would replace the rears. But my concern was that I don't think that an enthusiast would drive around with three different makes of tyre. Therefore has the car as a whole been well maintained?

I would love to buy a car from a club member or as a recommendation from a club member. Its the same with my Mustang - I would love that to go to a Mustang Owners Club member or an enthusiast, especially as someone is going to get a real bargain.

SJR

ksilver
10-08-2008, 03:52 PM
One of the members on this forum "Duncan" is selling, might be worth having a chat?

GED
22-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Justin,
I don?t know if you have got a 260 yet but I am in the start of the process of selling my 260 SE XPower Grey 54 reg 22k miles with the important ?bits? done - heater hose & fuel clip for around £10K. I also have a pair of Zero boxes that were on the car for about a month.
Contact me if you are interested.

SJR
31-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Graham,

Sorry for the slow response. I have been in France enjoying the lovely sunshine :).

I bought the car that I mentioned above on the 14th of August (after they droped the price !) ;).

As for the exhaust, if it was an X-power exhaust I would have bought it.
But as I am selling my Mustang that has Ford Racing equal length hedders, a Flowtech X-pipe, and a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust with all 4 of the cats removed. I think I would prefer the louder X-Powers.

However I have seen a pair of Zeros, and the quality of them seems very good, so I think you will sell them quickly.

Good luck,

Justin