PDA

View Full Version : Original throttle body + plenum

Herman
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Would anyone be interested in an original throttle body and plenum?
It still has the Pony symbol attached, but the throttle sensor has been used on the Accufab I replaced it with.

As I now decided that the Accufab works fine for me, this has become surplus to requirements. I will put it up on ebay next week with a starting price around £75.00 but before I do that I would like to give the people in the forum a chance.

If you are interested and willing to make a sensible offer, please PM.

I'll collect offers for a week and it will go the the highest bidder on the 16th this month. If no offers it will go on ebay.

Thanks

(PS. you can always take your chance on ebay :))

pessling
09-08-2008, 11:38 AM
No chance of getting £75 for it, they go for as little as £10 on ebay america, i still have mine sat in a draw after fitting an accufab and just holding on to it as i doubt it would sell.

Womble
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
No chance of getting £75 for it, they go for as little as £10 on ebay america, i still have mine sat in a draw after fitting an accufab and just holding on to it as i doubt it would sell.

Agreed. It's not a part with much that can go wrong, so anyone in the market for a replacement is likely to be looking to upgrade. Mine is kicking around the garage somewhere too. In reality, it's essentially worthless.

Herman
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Agreed. It's not a part with much that can go wrong, so anyone in the market for a replacement is likely to be looking to upgrade. Mine is kicking around the garage somewhere too. In reality, it's essentially worthless.

That solves that question then. Think I leave it in the garage as well......

black olive
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
you could use it as a paperweight :D

Ive also got one in the garage .

SH4RKY
14-08-2008, 10:34 AM
You could prise off the emblum and sell that... probably worth more than the unit it self... haha ;)

Martin Warner
15-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Left mine on the garage floor at Dreadnought yesterday. I am pleased to say that having driven the 400 miles home it is now and forever surplus to requirements.

black olive
15-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I take it you are fully supercharged :D

Martin Warner
15-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I certainly am.

397 bhp and 445 lbf-ft of torque according to the rolling road. Bloody marvelous!

I must admit that I was a bit disappointed with the performance when I first got the car. Talking about the Mustang engine in the pub was about all it was good for. The Dreadnought conversion is not a modification. It simply turns it into the car it should be.

Anyone who is thinking of selling their 260 and wasting even more money on another vehicle. Should spend it at Dreadnought. I don't think I have ever driven a better road car.

SH4RKY
15-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Dont.... Tempt.... Me....

Martin Warner
15-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Dont.... Tempt.... Me....

Oh I will... I will. If you haven't got a Dreadnought blower you haven't got the car.

Oh and by the way I got about 24 mpg over the 400 miles coming south including a few novelty burn ups.

Blue Flash
15-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Congratulations!....STAND BY FOR ACTION!!....;)

Herman
15-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh I will... I will. If you haven't got a Dreadnought blower you haven't got the car.

Oh and by the way I got about 24 mpg over the 400 miles coming south including a few novelty burn ups.

How the F**k do you manage to get 24 mpg with blower. I strugle to get 19 without :D

Poledriver
16-08-2008, 12:38 AM
As you probably know, I've not been over impressed with the purchase of my 260! However, I've recently changed to an Accufab, K&N filter and Iridium plugs. My fuel consumption used to be 230-260 miles to a tank, the last 2 tankfulls have given me 300 miles, plus the car is a lot more responsive and is approaching the performance that I was expecting! I'm just looking at improving the induction tract which I hope will take the performance into the area you would expect from a 4.6 litre engine

Martin Warner
16-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Ah Mr Poledriver (who ever you are, I really do not like the fact that everybody has to have a pseudonym). I had you in mind when I mentioned those who were thinking of selling their cars. You are not going to get better elsewhere, if you think you have you will actually have got boring instead.

My point on the fuel consumption was to illustrate that it is now running to its true potential efficiency which is better than permanently shoving your foot down to try and cover for the cars lack of finesse.

Martin Warner
16-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Mr Poledriver. It is good to hear that you are tackling your disappointment with the car in a positive fashion. One of the interesting things about the 260 is the poorly disguised potential that can be found in it. I had an MGC in the seventies that had similar traits. As a "cooking" car it was pretty useless, but with a little time and a reasonable amount of money it became a fantastic car. The satisfaction of personally making it into what it should have been was immense. I feel the same about the 260.

I know the blower is not a particularly cheap option. It would be interesting to assess what your improvements cost to achieve and what the numbers are on a rolling road. A sort of cost comparison per bhp/lbf-ft. It would I think be very useful information for other owners who want to perk up their cars a bit.

Martin

ksilver
16-08-2008, 11:06 PM
The power (or apparent lack of) in the 260 is something that seems to be raised quite often on this and other forums. What seems to be overlooked in trying to assess this "problem" is the gearing, and that as mere mortals we don't drive on power, we drive on torque.

A number of us have come from other 75/ZT models and if you compare different models from the range, you can pull some interesting comparisons, ie. in top gear how fast is peak torque? (approx.)

CDTi 135 - 60mph

190 - 85mph

260 - 120mph :eek:

Clearly if you come from one of these cars and try and drive it the same way it will disappoint, but once you realise that the gears needs to be worked .... :D:D

ProtoZT
19-08-2008, 02:19 PM
My badge is missing from the factory, I understand. The badge was removed to be replaced by MG, but there wasn't one!
If anyone has a "spare", I woulnd't mind replacing mine purely for cosmetics, although it's under the bonnet I know it's missing!!:(

Paul

NOCTURNAL
24-08-2008, 07:05 PM
How the F**k do you manage to get 24 mpg with blower. I strugle to get 19 without :D

Likewise ;)