PDA

View Full Version : Local meets?

SJR
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a series 2, 260 saloon. But it is not a straight forward decision. (do I keep my mustang or not? etc etc) so I would like to meet up with some owners, so I can ask their views on ownership etc.

Are there any local meets/events. I am in the uxbridge area.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

spartacus
05-08-2008, 10:05 PM
There are quite a few of us in Surrey, which ain't too far away. I'm probably not best to meet up with as I've only had mine two months.

I'm sure someone else will stick their head up though ;)

Womble
05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Peter Essling is in Uxbridge, plus as Baldy said, there's plenty of us just round the M25 - at least 6 or so in Surrey.

Mine is a Mk1 Tourer, so as far removed from your aim as you can get without going into Roverland, but there are Mk2 saloons around here as well.

pessling
06-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Justin the other day when he waved me down outside my girlfriends house and asked me about the 260, luckily had one of the flyers that i designed in the armrest cubby. He already knows about some of our cars having his mustang. As womble said i am in the area if you ever want to have a look around my car, and can advise you on what to look out for etc.

Tim
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Small world!:cool:

SJR
06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I have seen one at SMC High Wycombe and am going to take it for a test drive at some point in the next few days to see if it helps me make up my mind. My main worry is about road tax and how much it may increase in the future. My Mustang is pre-2001 and an import so I think it more off the government radar tax-wise. Peter, nice of you to offer to let me have a look at your car - I might take you up on it once I've had this test drive. Do you Surrey boys have an actual meet? If so, is it something I could come along to?
Thanks again,
Justin

pessling
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
we've had varoius meets over the time that i've been a member of this forum, including some in surrey, and i'm sure that something could be organised. I'm sure once you have had a test drive that your mind will be made up. as for tax, its not just our 260's that will feel the increase, all types of vehicles will be.