PDA

View Full Version : Rover V8 For Sale

James P
26-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Hello all, I'm just wondering if any of you are familiar with the car for sale on the link below. I am interested in it and would be most grateful for any background/advice members would be good enough to offer. Rest assured, if you all think it is worth acquiring & I manage to pull it off, it will be well looked after & sit well next to my family of a ZTT diesel & 200 BRM, all loved. Thanks in anticipation, James.

http://www.smc-cars.com/UsedCars/view/34221

spartacus
26-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmmm... looks a bit pricey, but then again it is at SMC. I'm not a great one for thinking about the money much, like, if it's a car I REALLY want, and I can afford it...

However, having said that, I paid a fair amount less than that for mt '05 ZT SE with every toy. However, tourers are rarer, and that one does look nice, and I'm on the 'phone to them now.... :p only joking.

My rule of thumb - if you want it enough, have it...

Tim
26-07-2008, 09:54 PM
The bad side of the car is at just under 13k its slightly over priced for the current market.............however if you buy it you will have the rarest of the rare and if you also have the intention to have it for a long time then cost is not such an issue.

If you find out the vin number I can check against the info I have.

Lovely car that. :cool:

Peter
26-07-2008, 11:43 PM
They've had that one for sale for quite some time, and they've just recently dropped the price. Maybe you could haggle them even lower, though it is quite a low mileage.

BigA
27-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Somewhere between 14 and 18 o fthese made we believe. Mileage is VERY low. If you prefer an auto and want it enough then I reckon you should get about £500 off for cash and go for it

A

JulesV
27-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I purchased my car from SMC in April and I paid what I think was a fairly high price. On the other hand I got them to fit a set of XPowers and include a three year warranty. I decided that the peace of mind was worth it. With one exception, they did everything I asked them to do to the car, as well as some that I didn't, such as fitting new brake discs.

Overall I was happy, so I would go for it, it looks a very nice car.

James P
27-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Many thanks to you all for your helpful advice. Can someone let me know if the V8 badge fixed to the side of the cars are easy to come by as I understand the one on the drivers side has been removed ... by someone using a screwdriver ...
Oh, do you all think 20mpg for this V8 is optimistic for being a light footed driver (most of the time!) ?

Contemporary
27-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Many thanks to you all for your helpful advice. Can someone let me know if the V8 badge fixed to the side of the cars are easy to come by as I understand the one on the drivers side has been removed ... by someone using a screwdriver ...
Oh, do you all think 20mpg for this V8 is optimistic for being a light footed driver (most of the time!) ?

The badges are readily available from Rimmer Bros, X Part or off ebay (just bought a set for my 75 V8). If light footed then 20mpg should be fine, but.......light footed doesn't come easy when you get behind the wheel ;)

Peter
27-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I've been managing around 24mpg on average, with up to 29/30mpg on motorway runs. In towns it definitely goes below 20mpg. That's with the saloon - the tourer will be lower. My right foot turns to lead on the entrance to a motorway and occasionally elsewhere, but the real trick for good mileage is not just a light foot but smooth driving at all times.

colintf
27-07-2008, 09:11 PM
normally 25-28 mpg, dropped to 18 doing the full Le Mans circuit laps two weeks ago though!

:cool:

James P
27-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd love to do Le Mans, even in my BRM!

SH4RKY
28-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I do an 8 Mile town/country blast to work. always around 16-18mpg.

Forgot to reset before driving to stansted last week... so those results will be mixed in with a couple of weeks worth of town driving. 260ish miles round trip though and still 2 segments left on the gauge.

Jules
06-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Hello all, I'm just wondering if any of you are familiar with the car for sale on the link below. I am interested in it and would be most grateful for any background/advice members would be good enough to offer. Rest assured, if you all think it is worth acquiring & I manage to pull it off, it will be well looked after & sit well next to my family of a ZTT diesel & 200 BRM, all loved. Thanks in anticipation, James.

http://www.smc-cars.com/UsedCars/view/34221

Well the very Low Mileage examples do tend to fetch "overbook" price.
Gosh SMC could have Valeted the footwell before the pics;)

BigA
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
You don't have a lot of choice if you want an auto 260 estate car. This is one of only 14 made!
It looks like a nice example too and a good spec.
I guess it was in storage for a while - but maybe someone just held on to it. Initially I would have considered one of these myself except the low build number sugggested I might hav died waiting

I'd go and make a cash offer and insist on the warranty, it's a lot of car for the money!!

A

black olive
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
If
a) you want it
b) arent bothered about "the market"
c) can afford it

then bugger it, get your wallet out.
We're only here once and our cars are never going to be bought as a "sensible decision"

You've got very good back up here and will be the member of a very exclusive collective

let us know when you are picking it up and good luck!!

ksilver
09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
If
a) you want it

then bugger it, get your wallet out.

What he said ..... ;)

spartacus
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
That's funny - that's exactly what I did!

And what I've done several times before :confused: