PDA

View Full Version : Potential newbie has questions...

johnnymiller1000
22-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi, potential owner with some quick questions

1) Who do you use for servicing it and whats the interval/cost? I live about a mile from Longbridge if that helps? I'm used to my Evo which is about £200 every 4500 miles, and similarly thirsty on fuel/tax/tyres.

2) Is there any issues with sourcing parts or are third party parts readily available? I'd look to keep it standard aside from maybe the X-power exhausts as they sound awesome!!

3) Is there a buyers guide/FAQ/list of known issues?

Cheers in advance.... some great looking and sounding cars on here :)

Tim
23-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Hello John and welcome

The intervals are 5,000 minor service (oil change) 15k full service. Should be around £150 - £250

No major parts issues. Some specific problems like screen wash bottles, V8 engine trays. Bits do come to the surface and there is nothing stopping cars from running.

FAQ, that's on the to do list for this forum. You ask the questions and someone on here will answer.

pessling
24-06-2008, 03:55 AM
basic things to look for are the heater hose (up rated one avalible from the club shop and fuel clip like all zt/75, other than that, just make sure like any other car that its sound.

again as Tim said you ask the questions and someone should be able to answer.

peter

black olive
24-06-2008, 09:23 AM
dont forget spunagains most useful buyers guide

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/

any issues with these cars appear to be easily resolvable, and unlike many cars nowadays are straighforward to do your own spanner work on

SH4RKY
24-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, would imagine if you are used to Evo prices the 260 wouldnt hurt much.

Petrol consumption is probably about the same at 20 ish, tyres can wear out in under 10,000 miles, but as said above, the 5k mile service is a basic oil change.

Expect less attention than you would get in an Evo too. The bad kind from police, boy racers etc though :)

black olive
24-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Its funny just how many people I speak to with LESSER cars at work , who arent getting much more that 20MPG- Clio sport, and Honda (gay) S2000 being noteable examples

GeoffW
25-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Sorry to go off on a tangent but did you see top gear on sunday, a prius was driven hard round track followed by Clarkson crusing in top in a M3
the prius did 17 to the gallon, the M3 did 19 :)

pessling
25-06-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah i did, plus all the stuff that goes into making it, one of the least effiecient cars

Phil
26-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry to go off on a tangent but did you see top gear on sunday, a prius was driven hard round track followed by Clarkson crusing in top in a M3
the prius did 17 to the gallon, the M3 did 19 :)
One of the best bits of motoring journalism I've seen in a long time. The message "It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it" is real common sense.