PDA

View Full Version : Ex ZT190 owner wants a 260.

Belcher
19-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi All,

My first post here. I am still a member on the MG Rover Forum under the same name. I owned a cracking ZT190 with twin pipes, etc. in Trophy Blue but sold it 18 months ago and bought a "Skoda" Octavia VRS 1.8T (jabbasport tuned to 225BHP). I desperatly miss the ZT and am in the process of selling the VRS to buy another ZT, but the 260 this time. I originally wanted the 260, but bought the 190 before MGR was sold. The prices then dropped which really peed me off.

I am after a MK1 version (prefer the front end) 260 SE in either Trophy Blue, or Xpower Grey. Below average milage, and normal SE trim. Prefer the larger spoiler, but not that fussed. My budget is £8,500. Do you think this is realistic? Anything to watch out for when buying?

Cheers people

Tim
19-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Have a look in the for sale section mate. Blue 260 in Norfolk. Normal ZT things to look for plus water hose above throttle and quick look at the diff for leaks.

Belcher
19-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeh. Saw that but it's the MK2. Prefer the Mk1. I have been keeping an eye on this one http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/418173.htm Any history on this site with this? Does the price seem OK?

Cheers

Tim
19-06-2008, 11:02 PM
No, the oxford blue one is a mk1 :)

Belcher
19-06-2008, 11:16 PM
No, the oxford blue one is a mk1 :)
Ah yes, sorry. Not sure on the colour though.

So what about the one I pointed out. Any good? It's a 7 hour round trip for me to view it :eek: Need to be fairly sure beforehand !

Tim
19-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Ah yes, sorry. Not sure on the colour though.

So what about the one I pointed out. Any good? It's a 7 hour round trip for me to view it :eek: Need to be fairly sure beforehand !

Just looked on the database and have nothing with the reg number. All I could say is it looks to be a late mk1 around vin210ish. Ask them if it has had the mods done to it and see what they say. Hose, clip, that sort of thing. Also ask for a picture of the engine bay and vin number then send it to me. Might be able to glean something from that.

Fleckers66
21-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Almost identical to my car, which is also a 2004 on a 53 plate but mine is a ZT-T :)

prices have dropped to a shocking low value, makes me wonder if I should look for a cheap car to get as a spares car..........

Belcher
22-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Just looked on the database and have nothing with the reg number. All I could say is it looks to be a late mk1 around vin210ish. Ask them if it has had the mods done to it and see what they say. Hose, clip, that sort of thing. Also ask for a picture of the engine bay and vin number then send it to me. Might be able to glean something from that.
Just run this through an RAC check. Although no issues (so far), it does show that it has had two plate changes. This might be why the search didn't find it. I cannot view the car till later this week so can't get the VIN number yet. I have the engine number off the RAC check though. Is this any use to get more info?

Cheers

Tim
23-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Just run this through an RAC check. Although no issues (so far), it does show that it has had two plate changes. This might be why the search didn't find it. I cannot view the car till later this week so can't get the VIN number yet. I have the engine number off the RAC check though. Is this any use to get more info?

Cheers

E-mail/PM it to me I might be able to do something, vin is best. Plate changes are not an issue. People tend to personalise these cars

Belcher
26-06-2008, 06:07 PM
E-mail/PM it to me I might be able to do something, vin is best. Plate changes are not an issue. People tend to personalise these cars
Viewed the car today, and I also now have the VIN number. I will PM it to you (Tim). Hopefully, all is OK as I have put a deposit on the car, and will be collecting it this Sunday!! I did run it through the RAC vehicle checking service which showed nothing out of the ordinary. The car (although has ful service history in the service log book), has no history regarding other parts. Therefore, I was unable to determine if it had the normal mods/fixes done. I did check the heater hose which looked fine (looked new?!). It has new front discs and pads. The seller is putting 2 new rear tyres on for me. There are one or two slight paintwork marks if you look close, and some minor alloy kerbing. The underside looked sound and clean, as did the engine bay. There are some black marks on the block next to the alternator belt (which I believe means its a belt eater!?).

I must say, it was nice to get back into a ZT again. And by christ, even with standard zorsts, it sounds awesome :D

colintf
26-06-2008, 06:43 PM
good man!

:cool: