PDA

View Full Version : chassis number 155 in Essex for sale

bob the viking
18-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Hello All,

I have just join the forum :) and I'm trying to increase my knowlage of the 260 MG's. I hope to get one soon. I had a look at chassis number 155 in Essex yesterday (the light blue one on ebay). It needed a clean, a full service and all the 'normal' bits fixing but looked very straight. Does anyone know anything about this car?

Thanks Carl

Tim
18-06-2008, 11:27 PM
It was born on 4th December 2003 but not on any of my lists so go and have a good old nosy. Ask about the fuel clip and check the water hose at the top of the engine bay. What spec is it.

Does your user name mean you have a Rover:)

bob the viking
19-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Tim,
The car is a mark 1 SE. It has not had fuel clip or water hose mod and has not had a proper service for two years, the service history that it does have is all over the place. When I checked it over it needed approx 5 litres of water adding to the header tank, which wasn't a good start. However after a good clean I think the exterior and interior would come up well.

As for me, I have a modded MGB GT and I'm from Denmark (living in Essex), hence the 'name'. I am a MGOC and MG on Track member and like anything that is RWD, fun to drive and makes a good sound hence why I am looking into the ZT V8. I was also luck enough to work with Rover when the V8's were being developed:D.

Tim
19-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi Tim,
The car is a mark 1 SE. It has not had fuel clip or water hose mod and has not had a proper service for two years, the service history that it does have is all over the place. When I checked it over it needed approx 5 litres of water adding to the header tank, which wasn't a good start. However after a good clean I think the exterior and interior would come up well.

As for me, I have a modded MGB GT and I'm from Denmark (living in Essex), hence the 'name'. I am a MGOC and MG on Track member and like anything that is RWD, fun to drive and makes a good sound hence why I am looking into the ZT V8. I was also luck enough to work with Rover when the V8's were being developed:D.

If you are confident about dealing with poor recorded maintenance cars then give it a punt. You would get it for a good price. We can help you sort it out with little trouble.

Do tell more about your old job with Rover. Can e-mail if its top secret ;)

bob the viking
20-06-2008, 03:33 PM
The owner is looking for a quite a lot given it's lack of history but that between him and ebay.

With regard to my time working with MGRover. I was luck enough to be working for a supplier that made product line equipment. We designed and made decking tools, these are things that lifts/ supports the engine, gearbox and suspension into the vehicel body. I designed the tooling that put the V8 engine and suspension into the ZT/75 body. It was a great project for me as I have had a MGB GT for over 12 years. The V8 project had lead on from the RDX60 project that fell apart which was a shame since I think the car would have sold well, it looked a little like a Kia Ceed if I recall. That's it really.

SH4RKY
24-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Well... remember Tanz is trying to sell his for about 7500 at the moment (ad over at xpf) and thats a well looked after MK2. with all the mods done.

So if they are looking for more than that, gotta ask the question of why...