PDA

View Full Version : Mis-fire on 75 V8

Dropacog
09-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Guys - Just taken the plunge and bought a lovely low-mileage 75 V8. And very impressed I am too! However, for no apparant reason - after about 6 miles from filling the tank - the thing has started to mis-fire...

...so I quickly shipped it home without driving it.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a diag. disc? Who would you use in the Brum area?

All the best, David

Phil
09-06-2008, 02:48 PM
First port of call is to check that the fuel filter in the tank has not come apart. It should have an orange clip fitted to stop it separating, but these have to be fitted afterwards, as the problem was noted by the factory only when it was too late to do anything about it.

It is under the back seat, passenger side. Here is more info:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=1498&highlight=fuel+clip

Tim
09-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys - Just taken the plunge and bought a lovely low-mileage 75 V8. And very impressed I am too! However, for no apparant reason - after about 6 miles from filling the tank - the thing has started to mis-fire...

...so I quickly shipped it home without driving it.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a diag. disc? Who would you use in the Brum area?

All the best, David

Welcome to ownership David.

Don't forget to send me your completed questionnaire, you will be able to see the rest of the site.

Phil has answered the clip question for you but there are other little mods wanting for you, hose, spare wheel, diff oil, turning the bonnet cables around, springs, etc.