PDA

View Full Version : LPG Cars

R.D.Stillwaters
23-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm a new member so Hi All! I run ZT-T with a MGR LPG conversion. I occasionally get a serious misfire under hard acceleration which causes the engine Fault Light to come on. Its been on now for over a year. T4 shows no faults but says cats are running too cool or both banks running lean. MGR dealer says fault is LPG. LPG dealer says the opposite. The unusual thing is that when running on LPG the motor runs so much better when the weather is really hot. I can't quite explain why but I feel it might be a sticking gas injector on the LPG side and may be the hot wheather frees it up? Any ideas? Thanks and safe motoring to you all. Phil:(

colintf
23-05-2008, 06:39 PM
No idea Phil, but Hi and welcome all the same!

:cool:

pessling
23-05-2008, 07:08 PM
hello and welcome, i'm sure one of the members with LPG may be able to help

Peter

Herman
23-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi, and welcome

Not sure about LPG converted ZT260's but when I had my car(s) converted in the Netherlands they always tend to change the spark plugs to one step cooler, also the spark plug gap is important specially with LPG (again info based on previous experience). I believe some people have changed the coil packs.

With warmer weather, the evaporator probably works better (i had a problem once when it was frozen)

I am thinking of getting my car converted as well now, mainly due to fuel prices and the fact that with the mileage I do it will be paid back in 10 months. Becomes harder and harder justifying to keep running on petrol.

Any experience around with Greenfuel converted cars?

Any info welcomed