PDA

View Full Version : x power back boxes

stevesaville
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Ok guys i need your opinions please. Has anyone got these fitted ? Are they as nice as they sound on you tube ? How loud are they when your cruising ? I don't mind a deep v8 rumble but would still like to hear my wife telling me to slow down :rolleyes:
Have seen a pair on ebay for my series 1 tourer for £300 delivered. What do you all think ? Would be grateful to hear your thoughts :D

pessling
03-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Think to make a proper decision to hear them in person, for the money what they are being offered on ebay is an excellent price. Members on here who have them love them, then the people who have Zero exhausts love there zero's. I like the sound of them but opted for the zero's as i like the quad pipes, the quality is also excellent, would recommend meeting someone who has them and have a drive and see.

JulesV
03-05-2008, 12:28 AM
I had them fitted to my car before I collected it last week and am very pleased with them. Certainly not too noisy as far as I am concerned. I don't know where you are but you would be welcome to have pop down and see what you think. I am in East Sussex.

stevesaville
03-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the offer JulesV your very kind :cool:. Sadly i live in Carlisle in Cumbria. As much as i love driving my beast it's a bit far to come. Has anyone near Carlisle got them fitted ? Cheers :D

Herman
03-05-2008, 09:20 AM
There are a number of threads on exhausts here. Generally Xpowers are said to be louder than the Zeros. But as said, if you have a chance to listen to both before making a decision, I certainly would.

I run XPowers and love them. Downside is they are difficult to keep clean and the quality of the Zeros is, no doubt, much better.

Good luck with making your choice

JohnB
03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I fitted xpowers a few weeks ago and can't imagine it without them now, they add an even bigger grin factor! A slight boominess inside between 1800-2000 revs but apart from that fine.

stevesaville
03-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I must admit i would loath to loose the quads by fitting x powers. To me a V8 should have quads. I think i'm leaning more towards the zero boxes. I don't suppose anyone has made a recording of their 260 with them fitted ?:D

stevedj
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Just had these beauties built & fitted. A local s/steel co. did them for me for £500. I really liked the sound of the X-Power's but I really preferred the quad look. Also, from the sound bites I've heard, the Zeroes weren't too far from the originals.

Now she barks & bellows like a good'un, fantastic.

Steve.

(There are two tunnels I go through when I go to work...can't wait.)

stevedj
04-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Just washed my car this morning & it just so happened that my camera was to hand (ahem.)

Steve.

stevesaville
04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
For some reason i'm not allowed to open your attachments any ideas ?

Tim
04-05-2008, 07:36 PM
For some reason i'm not allowed to open your attachments any ideas ?

Its because you only have access to the public area Steve. Do need your completed questionnaire at some point mate. :)

There is another 80% to view ;)

stevemiller
04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Steve whatever you finally fit I would love to hear them before I make any change to mister bountyfull. I agree do not loose the quad look. And finally a belated welcome from myself in Shap Cumbria.

Steve.:D

stevesaville
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Its because you only have access to the public area Steve. Do need your completed questionnaire at some point mate.
Sorry Tim i completely forgot about the questionnaire. I can't find it in my emails could you send it to me again please ? Sorry :rolleyes: Cheers, Steve

Tim
05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Sorry Tim i completely forgot about the questionnaire. I can't find it in my emails could you send it to me again please ? Sorry :rolleyes: Cheers, Steve

No problem, e-mail sent. :)

black olive
07-05-2008, 10:36 AM
as already stated really- If I had the choice I would pay the extra and go for the zeros- the choise was made for me, as Blackolive came with X powers fitted so cant justify changing them

stevesaville
09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Steve whatever you finally fit I would love to hear them before I make any change to mister bountyfull. I agree do not loose the quad look. And finally a belated welcome from myself in Shap Cumbria.

Steve.:D

Thanks for your welcome Steve. I finally got to listen to a 260 with zero boxes fitted and to be honest they don't sound much beafier than the standard boxes. Although i don't really want to loose the quads the sound bites i have heard of the x powers really do the V8 justice. Besides i've been offered a new pair of x powers at a good price. I'm away on a course for the next 5 weeks but i'll give you a shout once they are fitted and we can meet up;)
Cheers, Steve:D

stevemiller
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to hearing the live sound.

Steve.

SteveTD
15-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I've gone the X-Power's route also. The Zero's I found very disappointing, though they look very good. I didn't like the X-Power twin pipes at first, but now they've grown on me. If you have a V8 and pay the bills to run a V8, and it's not as quick as a V8 might be, you certainly want it to sound like one!

Blue Flash
16-05-2008, 10:03 AM
If your looking for a few more BHP without breaking the bank, then the Xpowers will give you around an extra 10-12bhp over the standard items.I will be looking in to if its possible doing away with the the x-piece collector that connects both pipes to the exhaust which must restrict gasflow,Im sure that this is mod which the US tuners look too.

stevesaville
16-05-2008, 09:18 PM
If your looking for a few more BHP without breaking the bank, then the Xpowers will give you around an extra 10-12bhp over the standard items.I will be looking in to if its possible doing away with the the x-piece collector that connects both pipes to the exhaust which must restrict gasflow,Im sure that this is mod which the US tuners look too.

I wondered if that would restrict flow too but i think it acts as a balancer though. If anyone out there has done away with it leave a post how and if it made a difference :D

Blue Flash
17-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Almost sure that Ive seen images of a rear end 260 with this mod done,that surely must be worth a few more db's.

pessling
17-05-2008, 02:40 PM
i have seen the car, may have a photo some where, the only thing is that the modded exhaust was ran under the differential, and its so close to the ground http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/IMG_3256.jpg

stevesaville
13-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Well i fitted the x powers and all i can say without wetting my pants is WOW :D Only thing is my fuel consumption has rocketed driving around looking for tunnels :o My wife even loves them too, first thing she does when she gets in the car is wind down the window and smile ! My only gripe is that the xpower markings on the top of the tail pipe have started to come off :( Has anyone else had this too ? Where can i get the stickers from ? Have to have a supercharger next ......always wanted to be an x wing pilot :D

black olive
13-06-2008, 08:53 AM
yes the x power markings seem to be screen printed on with some sort of ink and soon wear off- doesnt affect the wonderful noise though :D

pessling
13-06-2008, 02:17 PM
the x power twins i had on my zr had the xpower it etched into it, when i got them from janspeed, anything else like sticker etc will still probably come of again.

stevesaville
13-06-2008, 02:32 PM
At least it's not just me then. I know it isn't important just me and my OCD :rolleyes:

Blue Flash
14-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Only had mine on about an hour or so when I foolishly decided to wipe my nice new bling B/B's,......the N/S outlet Xpower motif removed itself with haste all over the cloth:mad:, have had them on for around 3yrs now and use the mega fine wet and dry paper to remove the coking that forms on the outlet followed up with autosol metal polish which seems to work a treat.

stevesaville
14-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Good tip, thanks Blue Flash :D

Blue Flash
14-06-2008, 07:06 PM
The other pipes logo has deteriated with time and the heat, now only shows the letters XO..... was wondering whether to add the letters CET to the other side...:D

stevesaville
14-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Lol :) You know it makes sense :cool:

ksilver
14-06-2008, 11:08 PM
If your looking for a few more BHP without breaking the bank, then the Xpowers will give you around an extra 10-12bhp over the standard items.

Will they? I thought x-power and zeros were just a sound thing?

stevemiller
17-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the demo last night Steve. Nice to meet you and your wife. All I can say to anyone who has never heard the X-POWERS live is prepare to be stunned. It makes the standard car sound a little pathetic. My son Andy wants them now!!!

Would I fit them, if they looked like zeros yes. They actually look very good all shinning and bright. I will wait until the originals need changed and if there are no quads with that sort of drama I will fit the X-POWERS.

Cheers Steve & Andy.

stevesaville
19-06-2008, 12:26 AM
It was our pleasure Steve, we never miss an opportunity to show off our Jess !! It was lovely meeting you both and nice to see another 260 in the steel. They do look lovely in black ;)

Please keep in touch it would be nice to take in a few shows and we would have a giggle travelling down :D
Hope you find the pipes your looking for but you can't beat a V8 roar !!!

Take care Steve+Arlene

Catfish
30-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Hope you find the pipes your looking for but you can't beat a V8 roar !!!

How's about a V8 roar along with a supercharger whine? ;)