PDA

View Full Version : 385 engine for sale on ebay

ksilver
19-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Anyone need an engine (http://ngvi.ebay.co.uk/vi?ngvi&backtoid=3&ppsp=0&li=0&pdp=0&sspagename=WDVW&dsr=0&item=250237214820&backto=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.co.uk%2Fmus tang_Car-Parts_W0QQfromZR34QQsacatZ14239&pass=MFzN1LVm7c4qAfh0jfGQN%2FKjbso%3D) for under £400?

pessling
20-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Alternater would need moving to fit inside a zt engine bay

pat385
20-04-2008, 01:48 AM
hello from pat 385, those of you who met me at Brooklands the other week will know that this engine is one that I purchased originally myself from an honest bloke who I checked out thoroughly before parting with any cash. Be very aware that you need to meet the sellers in person and view the goods at their home before parting with any cash as you may be conned. You should not therefore respond to the ad in any way and the matter has been reported to Ebay by myself. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Sorry that my first email with the club site has been marred by the activities of this sort of scum.

Tim
20-04-2008, 09:16 AM
hello from pat 385, those of you who met me at Brooklands the other week will know that this engine is one that I purchased originally myself from an honest bloke who I checked out thoroughly before parting with any cash. Be very aware that you need to meet the sellers in person and view the goods at their home before parting with any cash as you may be conned. You should not therefore respond to the ad in any way and the matter has been reported to Ebay by myself. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Sorry that my first email with the club site has been marred by the activities of this sort of scum.

Just to jog your memories from November last year.

*Warning & Urgent*

This is from lagonda51

Anybody with information can come through the PM system to Lagonda51. Lets hope its just poor communication.

"BEWARE ABOUT MID OCTOBER "A ROBERT TULLIER" FROM LERWICK SHETLAND ISLE. THROUGH EBAY SOLD ME A SUPERCHARGED ZT 385 ENGINE WITH GEARBOX AND OTHER ASSOCIATED ITEMS, PAID BUT NO GOODS ARRIVED.THROUGH LERWICK POLICE SUGGESTED THAT THERE MAY BE A LOT OF DODGY DEALS AND ARE SUPPOSEDLY SOURCED FROM EBAY. THE ADDRESS HE GAVE DOES NOT EXIST. CAN ANY BODY HELP, HE DREW MY PAYMENT IN DAGENHAM ESSEX."

ksilver
20-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Please note I am not the seller, just spotted it on ebay and thought it may be of interest to someone here.

Tim
20-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I took a picture of Pat's blower at Brooklands, does look nice. :)

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/Brooklands0604086.JPG

Tim
20-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Please note I am not the seller, just spotted it on ebay and thought it may be of interest to someone here.

Don't worry about it mate, that's how these scoats work. Pray on decent folk :mad:

We all just need to be careful, if any of you are thinking about buying on e-bay and are concerned just post here first, that way we can help each other. I will post on xpf and 75&ZT once Nic has confirmed a few things first.