PDA

View Full Version : Diff Oil Change

1POWERRACK
27-03-2008, 08:27 PM
does anyone know the exact location of the diff drain plug and refill point.
Mine is a zt-t 260 mk2, are there any special tools needed?

black olive
27-03-2008, 09:43 PM
do a search- a few threads on the topic.
you will need 1.6 litres of the correct oil, available from dreadnought, a 30mm socket, and to make the job a lot easier ( read possible), an oil changing syringe ( about £8 from machine mart).
it makes it a bit easier if you can jack the rear up a bit, and warm the car up first ;)

Its a 15 minute job, if you are near lancs and can get to me you can use my socket and syringe

VXman
28-03-2008, 05:32 PM
do a search- a few threads on the topic.
you will need 1.6 litres of the correct oil, available from dreadnought, a 30mm socket, and to make the job a lot easier ( read possible), an oil changing syringe ( about £8 from machine mart).
it makes it a bit easier if you can jack the rear up a bit, and warm the car up first ;)

Its a 15 minute job, if you are near lancs and can get to me you can use my socket and syringe

I stuggled to do mine and took it to the garage because I couldn't get the socket on to the bolt due to difficult access around it.

1POWERRACK
13-04-2008, 10:07 PM
ok thanks, have done the job, and done the mod on the filler plug, was easier than anticipated, the oil had never been changed, it was thick and black.:)