PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav Unit wanted

anglaslt
26-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Does anybody have a standard MG ZT/Rover 75 sat nav unit for sale (perhaps having upgraded to Mk4)?

I've just driven to UK and my sat nav's become all temperamental. Sometimes working and sometimes not. Now it seems to have locked up completely. I'm assuming it's the nav unit in the rear that's failed so I'd like to find a replacement before driving home on 9 April.

If I need to resort to ebay is it a BMW Mk3 unit I need?

Any suggestions please PM me.

Thanks,
Tom

pessling
26-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah if anythings gone wrong then it will be the nav computer in the boot, a mk3 unit or mk4 dvd will work, mk3 being cheaper. the BMW mk3 will be better than the standard mk3 in the 75/zt, different configurations with the rover unit being locked.

edzios
26-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Tom
As luck would have it, I was in the throws of listing on ebay, the bits that were removed when I upgraded to the Full BMW MK4 kit
I have the unit which was removed from my MG ZT-T - Registered April 2006 (06)
It was removed on covering about 6000 miles (March 2007), therefore as new
I don't know what they are worth, maybe ask around and come back with an average price, based on the age and use of this unit
Best regards
Eddy

edzios
26-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Tom
Ignore the last message, that was referring to the front screen
I have sent a PM, as I have a Brand New MK3 Sat Nav Unit for the boot, boxed, never used, brand new
Eddy

anglaslt
26-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Tom
Ignore the last message, that was referring to the front screen
I have sent a PM, as I have a Brand New MK3 Sat Nav Unit for the boot, boxed, never used, brand new
Eddy

Eddy,
you have a PM reply.
Tom

Keith
29-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Tom

I assume that is why you called today?
I was re brushing some cooling fan motors in the garage so missed your call

First thing is try another CD second is to stick it in service mode check how many satellites are being seen and that the gyro and wheels sensors are happy also check it knows when you are in reverse gear

anglaslt
13-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks to two-sixties, a quick response from Eddy (edzios) and advice from Keith I got my sat nav working just in time for the journey home.

Sat nav does suggest some bizarre routes though!

Although I suspected the nav unit, it seems the fault was either with the bordmonitor (the bit with the screen) or the blue connecter. Just as well I was able to buy both parts from Eddy and pushing each connector home as Keith suggested seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the advice Keith.

Pleasure to meet you Eddy and I'm sure your ZT-T will not hang around long. A very nice car indeed! Had the V8 badge for you from John (gratis) but sadly neither us made it to Brooklands. Couldn't persuade the family that it was a sensible idea, especially as my oil burner would have been relegated to the area behind the toilets anyway.

Hope to make another meet sometime. Always a pleasure to meet up with two-sixties enthusiasts.

Best wishes to all,
Tom

edzios
14-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Tom

The pleasure was mine. It was great meeting you and to conduct our business in the kitchen, over that cuppa, and of course to discuss cars, as men do!

Glad to hear those parts I supplied were up to scratch, and were able to guide you home, in the shortest and fastest route possible!

Well, we never did get to Brooklands. I chose not to because of the severe weather warnings, but also the fear of having a bump, especially now I have decided to sell the car. And yes, I never did get to collect my paid for V8 badge! Maybe you could pop it in the post, I will keep it as a memento!

I agree, and hopefully the ZT-T will not hang around to long. I have now dropped the price for a quick sell. I hope the low price is not putting people off from buying it, the Sat Nav system alone cost £2k. I am also selling the V8 plate separately, I can't see the point in hanging on to it, to many fond memories, but that's another yarn.

I was smitten with your account of where your home is, you never know, maybe one day I will travel over and have a drive in that "SVR" of yours!

Please could you send me a PM of the information you wanted me to provide, together with places to stay!

It was a pleasure meeting you, as is with all the other Two Sixties members I have met, it was nice whist it lasted.

If anybody knows of anybody who wants my ZT-T, it is now on ebay for £10,500 or best offers. For any club member, or for anybody introduced by a club member, I will offer the car at a reduced price for a quick sale. Please contact me through PM's, or my email address.

Eddy