PDA

View Full Version : And yet another wanabe!

cherrybusa
19-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi
yes I am another wanabe looking for a ZTT - preferably plain colour - can't quite live with the chromatics etc.
By way of intro live in SE London - I have a Fiat Multipla and a Sunbeam Tiger Mk1 - albeit in need of a welders torch again (has to be the worst designed car for rot ever conceived) also a few bikes - BMW Boxer RS, Guzzi Californian, Hayabusa, 1200 Bandit and a 1100LT BM brick.
Started looking last month and have seen a few ZTTs and missed a couple I liked by not being decisive enough!! Several around at moment so hopefully can get one soon. Not struck on SMC, also I do however wonder why the blue mk1 at hardy cars (eBay) does not sell, I read somewhere that it had problems but would have assumed those to be fixed - any thoughts?
Stuart

colintf
20-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi and welcome!

ZTT on Pistonheads, new on today : -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=365

:cool:

TwiceBrewed
20-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Not my favourite colour, but for interest, the following MG ZTT 260 SE on autotrader for £8500, is now on Pistonheads for £10,995. the bloke selling it on Pistionheads hasnt even got the car yet, let alone paid for it.
beware if your after this cr - he's probably paid less than £8500 for it - so dont overpay.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MG+ZT-T/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-15-4294967086-4294967087/advert.action?R=200812306086627&distance=66&postcode=bh25+5pg&channel=CARS&make=MG&model=ZT-T&min_pr=0&max_pr=&max_mileage=
[/URL]

[URL="http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/425800.htm"]http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/425800.htm (http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MG/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-15-55-4294967087/advert.action?R=200812306086627&distance=73&postcode=bh88al&channel=CARS&make=MG&model=&min_pr=0&max_pr=&max_mileage=)

BigA
21-03-2008, 06:55 AM
nice looking car and the price is about right, expect to pay a little more if you find an SE of comparable age = but it might be worth it!:):):D
They do come around, despite the low number produced so it's worth waiting rather than rushing in. Good luck!

SH4RKY
21-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Little OT, but there is a RV8 Connoisseur SE listed too. Looks a great price too...

cherrybusa
21-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Found this one (see link below) on Thursday afternoon, it had been for sale (£10,850)for 17days, looked about perfect - the salesman new little about it except that it had 2 owners the first being the supplying dealer - he had to ask someone else about it. Made arrangements to fly up and hopefully buy it only to receive a call 1hr later saying it had been sold coincidence?? twas gutted.
I have noticed while looking that there are 3 dealers regularly supplying 260s and on occassions some cars that have been on ebay subsequently turn up two weeks later at £2-3K more being sold by them. The most recent being a dark blue saloon with MG transfers on the side that was being sold by elite.
The silver ZTT from autotrader that was on piston heads has disappeared again.
Stuart

http://www.arnoldclark.com/detail.html?ac_reg=cc_bf0amazqaxvxygda&$ac_branch=&$ac_min=&$ac_variant=&$ac_trans=&$ac_type=0&$ac_model=ZT-T&$ac_body=&$ac_doors=&$ac_max=&$ac_year=&$ac_cc=&$ac_color=&$ac_fuel=&$ac_miles=&$get_results=View%204%20Cars&$ac_make=MG&$ac_sr=0&$ac_pp=10

Poledriver
22-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't know if your car has come from the same source, but I bought mine from a guy called Stephen Davies in Penarth, Cardiff. Although it was stored at another dealer he said he was selling privately and that the car had been his for a while but he was selling because he now had a saloon.
I see that he has another ZT-T advertised on PH at the moment!
The warning bells went for me when the registration document did not show his name and the dealer section was missing.
I hope that he's not trying to offload dodgy motors, I haven't had any unexpected problems with mine yet. More likely he's just trying to escape being taxed as a car dealer!
Has anyone else bought a 260 from him at all?

JulesV
22-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Which is the other one he is trying to sell?

Great looking car by the way, glad you are pleased with it.

Poledriver
22-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Which is the other one he is trying to sell?

Great looking car by the way, glad you are pleased with it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/193350.htm

SteveTD
23-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Karl

I have to say I'm a little disappointed having read your post!
I was publicly clear on anohter forum that the shot silk car was previously owned by Nick Young, who personally advised me of it's whereabouts, following which I rescued it from a Volkswagon dealership. However, I soon decided I really didn't want an estate (my thoughts on car strategy change daily as we have kids/dogs etc) and passed on to Monty Smith MG Rover dealers to sell on my behalf on a sale or return basis. However, I beat them and sold it before they managed too!
The bittersweet saloon is my other car and I'm selling it as I am having a company Honda Civic S-Type GT 2.2 i-CDTI in 2 months time!

Nice to have to justify myself to the masses though!

Regards

Steve

Phil
24-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't know if your car has come from the same source, but I bought mine from a guy called Stephen Davies in Penarth, Cardiff. Although it was stored at another dealer he said he was selling privately and that the car had been his for a while but he was selling because he now had a saloon.
The warning bells went for me when the registration document did not show his name and the dealer section was missing.
I hope that he's not trying to offload dodgy motors, I haven't had any unexpected problems with mine yet. More likely he's just trying to escape being taxed as a car dealer!
See lots of posts on XP forum about dealers posing as private sellers, some of whose names you may recognise. I had hoped that sort of thing was not going to pollute these hallowed halls.

Tim
24-03-2008, 10:52 PM

I think I need to just mention Steve is okay, no he is not a dealer just a tart when it comes to the love of our lives. He has bought the V8 in different forms to then decide that he can't afford to run them all. If you look through some of the old posts in XPF you will see the strings. Not sure if it is still there but there was a joke about him selling his first one then regretting it and buying another then there were two, a R75V8 & ZT260, etc etc. You mention Poledriver that your car is okay so lets stay positive. We are all in the same group with the same interests.

I do, along with the rest of you keep a look out for dodgy cars because they are out there. 211 is not one of them, have known this car for a few years. The last slightly dodgy one was Keith's but he put that one right. Another was Bigsteve's who swapped bits from one rolled car to a new shell, sorting that out along the way.

Poledriver
25-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Karl

I have to say I'm a little disappointed having read your post!
I was publicly clear on anohter forum that the shot silk car was previously owned by Nick Young, who personally advised me of it's whereabouts, following which I rescued it from a Volkswagon dealership. However, I soon decided I really didn't want an estate (my thoughts on car strategy change daily as we have kids/dogs etc) and passed on to Monty Smith MG Rover dealers to sell on my behalf on a sale or return basis. However, I beat them and sold it before they managed too!
The bittersweet saloon is my other car and I'm selling it as I am having a company Honda Civic S-Type GT 2.2 i-CDTI in 2 months time!

Nice to have to justify myself to the masses though!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm sorry if I got it wrong! When I purchased the car from you I got the impression that you had owned it for a while and when I saw from the registration document that you had never transferred it to your name I started to get a little worried, this was then reinforced when I saw another car being sold in your name!
Anyway, you have explained the situation and I am sorry that I forced you into a position where you had to do this and I apologise for any embarresment this may have caused.

Karl

SteveTD
25-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Karl

No problem. Hope you are still enjoying it - I actually now think it is the nicest ZT 260 out there - I'm afraid to say, ahead of even my own!
I'm actually regretting selling it now, as SWMBO has decided she wants rid of her people carrier in favour of a tiny runabout and has ordered me to get the big lump for family duties!

Latest pipe dream is my plan of getting a standard coloured ZTT and having her sprayed in shot silk!

Failing that, a nice Rover 75 V8 auto in shot silk, bittersweet or spectre would be awesome.

However, I have 2 months to make up my mind as I can cancel the Honda any time prior to delivery to our offices! Time is ticking!

Anyhoo, enough of my chromactive perversions!

Regards

Steve

edzios
25-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Stuart,
Will you be at Brooklands?
I will be there with my car, to view!
I will most probably be selling my "260" this April
Pear Black ZT-T
Registered 02.04.2006, SE Spec
Facelift Model - Build Number 492
Registration RX06 ***
Mileage 15,000 - Full MG Service Record
Extra's Fitted:
* Full MK4 Sat Nave System
* 16:9 Screen
* Latest Radio Tuner, with built in Picture in Motion
* Traffic Management Channel (RDS-TMC) On ALL FM Channels
* Latest MK4 DVD Player - Speed Camera's & 3D Maps - Latest 2008 BMW
Sat Nav DVD Disc
* Full POST CODE Recognition
* Latest 6 X CD Disc Holder - WITH FULL MP3 Compatibility
* MG Rover Detachable Tow Bar - Not used by me
* Option of 13 Spoke BLACK Alloy Wheels, or, Normal Apex Wheels
* Parrot Hands Free Mobile Phone System
* Remainder (As At Today: 2years 2 Months) of Full Warranty Cover, Including
Sat Nav System

* Buyer will have First Refusal on the Registration Plate currently on the car, which will be on a Retention Certificate when/if the car is sold: V8 MGR

The car is in excellent condition, apart from: 2 x Stone Chips to the Bonnet

Of course, I am open to offers, but please look at the specification before sending any offers. Please, No Silly Offers, as refusal sometimes hurts!

Eddy

SH4RKY
25-03-2008, 12:30 PM
The last slightly dodgy one was Keith's but he put that one right.

Woah there.... Keith as in #235??? :confused:

Tim
25-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Woah there.... Keith as in #235??? :confused:

Dodgy from the point of the owner before Keith used it as a car. Was not an enthusiast 'like wot we are'. Remember Keith pointing out that it did not look like it had been looked after so he had to give it some "love".

The previous owner used it mostly on the track and cross country driving, point to point.

Sorry Ian my sense of humour, that last sentence was complete hogwash. Just had this image of the blood draining from your face. :D

SH4RKY
25-03-2008, 11:15 PM
:eek: :D

Ah yeah that... it is err 'worn' in places. But indeed, Keith scrubbed it up pretty well, other than some paint marks the last visible thing to be sorted is the wheels. And now my new tyres have arrived its just a case of calling up laptab and booking an alloy refurb... (still edging towards black/graphite)

haha... actually I thought "ooOO, my car has had some track time fun?" :p

Edit: oh and I need to fit my replacement bumper now the weather is turning... but that one was my fault :(

TwiceBrewed
28-03-2008, 05:38 PM

The silver ZTT that Steve had for sale on Pistonheads was still for sale with someone else in Maidenhead at the time (advert currently on autotrader).
I note his PH advert has now been withdrawn.
Definatley Steve was selling on to make a profit, 'Dealer style, depsite his protestations - not because he changes cars frequently! No one starts selling a car before they`ve even picked it up - unless they`re trying to make a fast buck.

SteveTD
29-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Twice Brewed. You seem to have some axe to grind and that's your choice. You are wrong on several statements of fact in your posts.

You are also wrong in your assumptions - when I buy my cars I do things a lot of people don't - that's just me, and until you know me you can only make blind, incorrect, misinformed prejudices (which amount to slander) - which you have. There is a difference between a 'trader' and an obsessive, impulsive, enthusiast.

I don't have to offer anyone an explanation on any of this and from now on I won't. But if I choose to buy lots of cars - on impulse, on colour choice, on a whim; or buy and pay for a car without even having viewed it; advertise for sale before I have collected in case I change my mind and want options; advertise cars for sale/or make purchase enquiries on behalf of my good friends and family; advertise or sell a car for more than I paid for it; advertise or sell a car for less than I paid for it; ...........I can. I have done all of the above lots of times and will continue to do so.

I have some decent friends on these forums - some of whom I've met and known for a few years now.

I don't like your assertions and insinuations, and yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but malicious interference is another matter.

I am happy to live and let live. I harbour no bad feelings or grudges and welcome you to the forum.

Regards

Steve

edzios
29-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Seems this thread is beginning to get heated
I did not join this forum to listen to arguments and points of view, that quite frankly should be left out of this forum, and discussed privately via e-mail
One point of view that I would like to raise, without any prejudice's is. If anyone is moving lots of "metal", and is making a capital gain from the resale amount, then the tax man must in all cases be notifying of these gains, as it could and most probably would be construed as a being a business. He may, and I say again may, be interested to know of these activities and financial gains being made on the buying and selling cars. To buy for one's own personal use is not deemed as making a capital gain, however, if lot's of activity are being handled, and the gains end up in the hands of the provider, then a capital gain has to be declared. Please, anyone who is party to these types of activities must declare them, to have an investigation is not a pleasant experience.
To end, I really do not want this forum ending up like others, where personal issues are directed between, or at other members. It just becomes a battle field where in the end people switch off from logging on and inevitably cease being members.
This is my OWN PERSONAL VIEW POINT, it has no personal reference or directed at any one or more than one member of this forum. Or, is to be construed as me personally taking sides for or against any one person or persons, thank you.

TwiceBrewed
29-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Twice Brewed. You seem to have some axe to grind and that's your choice. You are wrong on several statements of fact in your posts.

You are also wrong in your assumptions - when I buy my cars I do things a lot of people don't - that's just me, and until you know me you can only make blind, incorrect, misinformed prejudices (which amount to slander) - which you have. There is a difference between a 'trader' and an obsessive, impulsive, enthusiast.

I don't have to offer anyone an explanation on any of this and from now on I won't. But if I choose to buy lots of cars - on impulse, on colour choice, on a whim; or buy and pay for a car without even having viewed it; advertise for sale before I have collected in case I change my mind and want options; advertise cars for sale/or make purchase enquiries on behalf of my good friends and family; advertise or sell a car for more than I paid for it; advertise or sell a car for less than I paid for it; ...........I can. I have done all of the above lots of times and will continue to do so.

I have some decent friends on these forums - some of whom I've met and known for a few years now.

I don't like your assertions and insinuations, and yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but malicious interference is another matter.

I am happy to live and let live. I harbour no bad feelings or grudges and welcome you to the forum.

Regards

Steve

I dont have an 'axe to grind' Steve, and do not demand that you explain yourself. If you choose to - fair enough - but do not misconstrue my posting.

I am merley poiting out to Forum members, as I am entitled to do, information about a car for sale.

The car in question was for sale on autotrader for £8,500. I arranged to view the car. Subsequently someone arranged to buy the car (unseen - no problems with this). What I found slightly sharp practise was that this car was immediately advertsied for sale it a much inflated value of £10,995.

This was before the car in question had even changed hands - and was still with the existing owner. This is not, in my experience or opinion, the action of a private individual looking to own/use a car, but of someone purely looking to make a quick profit. I do feel this is relevant information to post on a public forum.

Herman
29-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Tim,

Maybe it is time to close this thread and let personal opinions be what they should be..............personal. Not to be displayed in a public forum.

Let's enjoy the cars we drive and use this forum for what it should be....a repository of knowledge.............

Tim
29-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Sounds good to me.

Danger of this going around and around. All views have been expressed.

Stuarts (Cherrybusa) original question is in a new thread. :)