PDA

View Full Version : Ownership

stevedj
17-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Didn't know where to post this, anyway...

Was just wondering; how long has everyone had their 260 for? Had mine a week & not regretting it. I want to keep it for as long as possible & right now there is nothing out there that remotely interests me as a replacement.

Steve.

SH4RKY
17-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Bought mine on 07/07/07 :)

reverie158
17-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Getting on for two and a half years now - only the same again till I've paid for it :D

pessling
17-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Two years july,

edzios
17-03-2008, 01:07 PM
One year, and today decided to sell.
The wheels are in motion of getting together all the new spares bought in the last year, listing all the bits added and then selling as a job lot.
Feel really sad typing this, but commence sense prevails. I will be clocking up a "load" of mileage over the next 12+ months, and the economics just do not equate!

pessling
17-03-2008, 01:24 PM
thats a shame?

what parts you got to sell as i'm sure there will be parts that i'll be interested in. As for selling as a job lot i think it would be more wise to split as not everyone is going to want everything

edzios
17-03-2008, 02:13 PM
A new owner might want the items as spares, as they are hard to come by!
Once I get to grips on adding pictures, I will show full details, together with the car under Items for Sale
eg Apex Wheels (some new with new tyres, some used with used tyres), 2 Speed Colling Fan Complete + Jules Resister not fitted, Air Con Rad, Folding Mirrors, etc and not forgetting the car! The car will be sold with the items to the highest bidder, either here, ebay, MG Club Magazines or an-other!
The current number plate: V8 MGR, will be offered as a separate item by private tender only, to the highest bidder!
Now got to list all the parts that are in the garage and give the old girl some love and attention, before she is set free!!
Eddy

pessling
17-03-2008, 05:09 PM
the numberplate i would certainly be interested in if i didn't already have a private plate

colintf
17-03-2008, 07:09 PM
The wheels are in motion of getting together all the new spares bought in the last year, listing all the bits added and then selling as a job lot.
Feel really sad typing this, but commence sense prevails. I will be clocking up a "load" of mileage over the next 12+ months, and the economics just do not equate!

sorry to hear this Eddie!

:cool:

BigA
17-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Eddie,
Sad news - and I haven't even met up with you yet!
I think you'll do well selling the spares separately rather than all as a job lot

-If I could think of a sensible excuse for her indoors, I'd buy the lot! -including the car

A

R.D.Stillwaters
23-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Was just wondering; how long has everyone had their 260 for? Had mine a week & not regretting it. I want to keep it for as long as possible & right now there is nothing out there that remotely interests me as a replacement.

Steve.

Re Ownership - I've had my ZT-T 3 1/2 years and can't imagine getting rid :)

Poledriver
23-05-2008, 08:18 PM

Steve.

You know how long I've had mine! What have you got this time?
Are you definitely keeping this one LOL!

PS this post is probably confusing because I didn't look at the date of the original post!!

ksilver
23-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Why should mileage be a problem?

i've had my car 2 months now and do 35,000+ a year. I got the car converted to LPG (which will pay for itself in 6 months which is handy when greenfuel gave me 6 months %free) and my fuel cost so far has probably been less than it was with my cdti previously!

OK I stil need to fill it up twice as much, but if you're doing a lot of driving i think it makes sense to have a "drivers car"!

GeoffW
24-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Had mine now for just over 2 years, absolute perfection love it, only used weekends so hopefully keep until its run into the ground :) by which time I will be too doddery to drive , and fuel will be to exspensive ., or non existant

Blue Flash
25-05-2008, 11:19 AM
4 Years in June,and still love it as much as I did when I first bought it,(wife hates it from a £ Sterling point of view),but I can live with that!... fairs fair,when they get rid of M&S I'll get rid of the Zed .....till then ;)