PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Seal

AndyG
28-02-2008, 01:15 AM
I am considering Ultra Seal as a business.........

Have any members got Ultra Seal in their cars/tyres?

I know it works, It is, can I make a sensible money?

£330 per 5 gallons (less per bigger quantity), 350?ml per tyre, £1?.00 average per wheel inserted.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

SH4RKY
28-02-2008, 10:51 AM
What is it?

Guessing some kind of goo you put in the tyre and it self heals punctures etc as they happen...? Saw a similar product on JayLenosGarage . com. They were driving over boards of nails etc, looked good.

Phil
28-02-2008, 11:16 AM
In 5 gallons (22.7 litres) you would get 64 applications of 350ml (if my calculation is correct.

£330/64 = £5.16 per tyre, say £20 per car, plus your labour costs, expenses and the cost of any equipment you may need to purchase.

I may be wide of the mark Andy, I often am, and I don't know what the product does either, but it seems expensive?

AndyG
28-02-2008, 07:14 PM
My local Motor Cycle friend charges £7-10.00 per tyre from a bulk (5 gals?) container.

Retail on a 2 tyre bottle is £24.00,
(I paid 19.99, before thinking about business).

I have a high volume pump and light weight jack.

Just need a pencil tool to get the valve out quickly. :rolleyes:

Herman
28-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Been looking into this as well, but you can't use it on all tyre sizes.

If you look on the website, you'll see that 225/45/18 is not in the list (neither is 235/40/18 for that matter)
http://www.ultrasealbrighton.co.uk/order.php

quote from the website:-
Q - Can Ultraseal be used in all types of tyres?
A - Generally Yes!
For the past 37 years, Ultraseal has been utilised in virtually every conceivable pneumatic tyre, accumulating millions of miles, in major fleets around the world, without any premature failure or adverse effects to the tyres or rims.
Special situations with low profile high performance tyres may require assistance and support from the Ultraseal Technical Department prior to installation.
/end quote

I was advised not to use it.

edzios
29-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I have been in dialogue with an agent for UltraSeal, this is his understanding?:

As for low profile tyres, as I guess your MG is, then Ultraseal don't guarantee that there won't be any vibration problems, due to the tyre construction. I've never had any problems with my MGF with 40 profile tyres, but it is a try it and see job. The stuff can easily be washed out so tyres are not harmed at all.

Therefore, I suppose if for a minimal outlay, one would be able to make ones own mind up, and as he says, it can easily be washed out....

Andy, how far away from Bristol is your friend?

Eddy

AndyG
01-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Andy, how far away from Bristol is your friend?
Eddy

Bristol - Exeter 83? miles.

I have 3 cars a quad and a m/c, only one low profile,

My sisters family have 6 cars, My mother has 4 cars,

That is 5 galls already.:)

trouble is they would not pay me :(

edzios
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Andy
When can you book me in?
Eddy

AndyG
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Andy
When can you book me in?
Eddy

I am getting the pump for easy insertion of goo into tyres,

When are you close? to Exeter. or I can bring to a meet! (Next one 16th at Cheddar.)

Andy

I need to check the tyre sizes and applications of ones not on my list..

What size tyres have you?

edzios
05-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Andy,

Yes, I will be at the next get together at Cheddar on the 16th.

What if we meet, say at 12.30, will half an hour be long enough to do all four tyres?

My Tyre Sizes are: 225/45 ZR18 91V - Continentals - 18" Wheels

Please confirm you will be able to carry out the "Ultra Sealing".

Eddy