PDA

View Full Version : Rover Ron Module for ZT CDti

Duncan
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I have a virtually unused rover ron plug in tuning module for a ZT CDti if anyone know someone who's looking for one.

Let me know

Cheers

Duncan

Tim
08-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Nic's (Rincewind) is after one. Which one is it Duncan?

Duncan
09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
The unit is only a year old. It is the proper Rover Ron one with 10 settings but doesnt have the remote, although this can be plugged in to it.

I will have a look tonight to see what numbers are on it. It certainly worked well I only took it off as I sold the car when I bought the V8

black olive
09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
if no luck selling on here you could try the 75 and ZT owners club- a lot of diesel owners over there

Tim
09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
The unit is only a year old. It is the proper Rover Ron one with 10 settings but doesnt have the remote, although this can be plugged in to it.

I will have a look tonight to see what numbers are on it. It certainly worked well I only took it off as I sold the car when I bought the V8

Its a Synergy Duncan Nic I'm sure will be in the market. I've sent him an e-mail for you. :)

Rincewind
09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
And in response - PM sent!

Ta for the heads up Tim

Nic

Rincewind
13-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Duncan's box is on it's way to a new home so thank you very much Duncan and also thanks Tim for giving me a nudge.

Quite looking forward to seeing what the improvements will do for the car. From hearing about other people's experiences, it sounds very much like the boosts in bhp and torque should be where MGR needed to have the car for the market - but hey ho.

Cheers

Nic

Tim
13-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Duncan's box is on it's way to a new home so thank you very much Duncan and also thanks Tim for giving me a nudge.

Quite looking forward to seeing what the improvements will do for the car. From hearing about other people's experiences, it sounds very much like the boosts in bhp and torque should be where MGR needed to have the car for the market - but hey ho.

Cheers

Nic

Good stuff there my man. Getting closer to a V8 :D

RogerP
13-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Nic,

I fitted one of Rover Rons Mafam MF75 and separate Tuneam TU3 modules to a pals 2000 75 CDTi 116ps in December 2005. Since then I believe there is now just a single unit doing both jobs. Fitting was simple and more importantly the period since, which involves something over 20,000 miles, has shown complete reliability and no discernable change to the overall fuel consumption.

Performance improvement on this car is stunning, but then we started at the lowest power point and also with the characteristic airflow meter problems this engine can suffer from. The Mafam certainly corrected the AFM issues and rather than increasing power simply returned the original good spread of torque. The Tuneam TU3 module set at position 5 took the performance to a step beyond the 135CDTi and it remains there today.

I am, as you know just down the road if you have any questions or want to see the other car.

Rog

Rincewind
14-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Well the box arrived (so thank you Duncan) and it's now fitted. Took a whole 10 minutes to fit and put back together.

Haven't driven him properly yet so I have no idea what it's like other than putting him back in his parking space.

Am starting on setting 6 and see what happens. service tomorrow so I'll switch it off and then after the service I'll fire it back up and start "playing" as it were. Will have to fit my new MAF now!

Thanks to all

Nic

stevemiller
05-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I used to run a cdti zt previous to Mister Bountyfull. It was re-mapped to 144bhp via superchip on the day of purchase at main dealer. At around 100k I fitted a synergy box and the car was/is still rapid.

I had the car rolling roaded before and after and the original superchip was as it said on the box 144bhp/251lb/ft. After 156bhp/291lb/ft. I then completed the intake mods and removed all the internals of the EGR. I expect it is now around 160bhp/295lb/ft.

The car ran to 164k before I filled it with petrol. I fitted a 14.7k engine ran it for another 10k then sold it to my boss who is still delighted with it.

Food for thought.

Steve.