PDA

View Full Version : need a new HORN

cooltide
28-12-2007, 02:26 PM
hi, recently bought a mk2 ZT260 which is needing its 1st mot in january. the horn does not work. When it is pressed there is a live going to it and i can't get at it with a hammer! I have read spunagain's article on adding a high tone horn and since i will have to go to the trouble of removing the front bumper, i'd like to fit a two tone horn.

I have seen the stebel air horn on xpart shop, but as far as i am aware, an air horn would fail the mot.

Can anyone offer advice, part no's or confirm the stebel will pass?

Tim
28-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome Gavin

Someone else will help with the air horn; while the bumper is off I would look at putting a K&N filter in. No performance increase just a longer replacement cycle. Others have also put a resistor on the fan to increase its life.

colintf
28-12-2007, 06:56 PM
hi, recently bought a mk2 ZT260 which is needing its 1st mot in january. the horn does not work. When it is pressed there is a live going to it and i can't get at it with a hammer! I have read spunagain's article on adding a high tone horn and since i will have to go to the trouble of removing the front bumper, i'd like to fit a two tone horn.

I have seen the stebel air horn on xpart shop, but as far as i am aware, an air horn would fail the mot.

Can anyone offer advice, part no's or confirm the stebel will pass?

why would an air horn fail the MOT?

I have one the stebel's on my TF and it flew through the MOT! I wouldn't be without it either!
Had one on the ZS and it was rubbish - must of been a dodgy unit!

scooter
29-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Air horns are ok as long as its one note and not a tune or alternating sound.

cooltide
29-12-2007, 11:48 PM
nice one. will do the K&N at the same time and buy the stebel. don't suppose dixieland would suit a zt! can't see it being a problem, my tester has a hearing aid.

wow where's all the extra forum categories sprung from. there was only the public area last couple of times i looked and now i've got my work cut out with what seems like the encyclopaedia mg rover.

thanks for the help