PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Andrew M
06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Just like to welcome myself and will hopefully be picking up a ZT260 in BRG (079) this Saturday (Paid £500 deposit today + sorted out ins.). Car has 21k on the clock; One Owner + Rover.Paying £9999 (Dealer)..but got quite a good price on my P/Ex (Merc A140).
Anyone know ANYTHING about this car ...before I sign my life away?

Was tempted by 5k on the clock 56 (Non SE) car advertised in Bounmouth in X-Power Grey for £11995...but the car i've put deposit on "seemed" all there (Did usual checks from "Spunagain" etc + local to where I live, car currently in Reigate area.

It's when you start reading "these blogs" that you get a bit jittery until you get the car when you read things like "The later ones are better"'; "Must have the Traction control" etc..that this one isn't!!. Try and reasure me out there . Cheers!!

Regards, Andrew

Tim
06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
You're doing all right Andrew. Mines a mk1, the mk2's are far too common. :rolleyes:

The fact is you are buying one of the best British cars of the modern day era. AND for 10k, can't be bad. Good luck Saturday.

pessling
06-11-2007, 09:27 PM
cough cough cough Mk2,

you won't regret it, the best car i've owned and one that i'm going to keep.

edzios
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Tim, what's this about the Mk2's being far too common, tut tut please explain yourself!

Now then, If Andrew or anybody else who may be interested in owning a real MK2! I have an update on the ROVER SE 5 DOOR at SMC, it is going on the forecourt, maybe tomorrow, priced at, wait for it - £17,995, what a steal....

All the best,
Eddy

ps Am getting my ZEROS's upgraded next week

Andrew M
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the replies and reassurance that the MK1 (You know..THE Better looking one, with the Bentley Grill) is the better car to go for!!....

Seriously; Later on...Say, 5k down the road (and hopefully NOT sooner with something mechanically dire!)..Where should I get it serviced/Repiared etc..

The reason I ask is that I read "somewhere" that there was a garage that serviced V8 American/Mustangs etc.. in the Reigate /Redhill area - Anyone know of it?
Can anyone recommend anywhere near to where I live? . I commute to Caanary Wharf eveery day...so somewhere nr. a mainlaine station that i can leave the car at (weekdays) would also be good.

I live nr. East Grinstead (10 miles from Gatwick Area).

Thanks for the support out there !!
Kindest Regards, Andrew

colintf
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
enjoy your MK1 Andrew!

:cool:

Nich
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the replies and reassurance that the MK1 (You know..THE Better looking one, with the Bentley Grill) is the better car to go for!!....

Seriously; Later on...Say, 5k down the road (and hopefully NOT sooner with something mechanically dire!)..Where should I get it serviced/Repiared etc..

The reason I ask is that I read "somewhere" that there was a garage that serviced V8 American/Mustangs etc.. in the Reigate /Redhill area - Anyone know of it?
Can anyone recommend anywhere near to where I live? . I commute to Caanary Wharf eveery day...so somewhere nr. a mainlaine station that i can leave the car at (weekdays) would also be good.

I live nr. East Grinstead (10 miles from Gatwick Area).

Thanks for the support out there !!
Kindest Regards, Andrew

Welcome Andrew,

This may help:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238)

Regards

Nich - Mk II ZT-T Owner - You know, the less good looking one! ;);)

NOCTURNAL
09-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Welcome Andrew,

This may help:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238)

Regards

Nich - Mk II ZT-T Owner - You know, the less good looking one! ;);)

Cough Cough .... hehehhe

oh and re the traction its right PITA rofl...

Good luck with your new purchase....:D

Nick.