PDA

View Full Version : halfords tyre weld on offer

black olive
08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Halfords are doing two of the large 400ml cans of tyre weld for £10.99
(Id noticed at the weekend some kind soul had used the cans of fix a flat in my boot and not replaced them :mad:). I should have noised the dealer up but cant be messed for a tenner

pessling
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
i have a full size spare, the only thing with the tyre weld is that once its used the tyre is no good, and you have to get a new one, thus i thought it a better option to by a full size spare. If any one is after one by the way, i still have a spare apex going.

Peter

AndyG
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
i have a full size spare, the only thing with the tyre weld is that once its used the tyre is no good, and you have to get a new one, thus i thought it a better option to by a full size spare. If any one is after one by the way, i still have a spare apex going.

Peter

I agree, but I did use the goo when I had a small hole in a NEW tyre at the edge of the tread, just to get me through the day.

Tyre Co did not complain too much:) £120, but only for one:D as the other one was also less than 200 miles

GeoffW
10-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Peter

Peter, I would like a spare wheel for mine I have sent you a PM, could collect on sunday :) at meet .

pessling
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
replied to pm geoff

Tim
10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
i still have a spare apex going.

With no damage Peter?

GeoffW
10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
With no damage Peter?

Hands off :p it's mine, collecting sunday :)

Tim
11-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Hands off :p it's mine, collecting sunday :)

bugger!!!

I'm getting the knackered one refurb'ed but still after a unmarked Apex if anyone has one.

black olive
11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
if anyone has 4 Ive a lump of cash smouldering in my pocket that the missus doesnt know about ;)

NOCTURNAL
12-10-2007, 12:27 AM
if anyone has 4 Ive a lump of cash smouldering in my pocket that the missus doesnt know about ;)

on this subject Is it a definate that these are not likely to surface?
in any bulk I mean?
not likely to be any hidden stocks I mean?

Mine were rough when I viewed, and while The seller had them done it was a shoddy Job and theyre fooked again....:(

I dont really have the cash, But I think a new set all round is really whats required ....There are some aftermarket alloys I liek, but for me the apex' just look right.... and were one of the biggest @i want's ' when I was looking...

Nick

pessling
12-10-2007, 12:31 AM
you could always get them done again, there are some good companies out there, like the one i use, who have done an excellent job, and worth the money too. as you said they are rare, rarely come up on ebay or on the forums, not to mention the over £200 new.