PDA

View Full Version : accufab

pessling
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
taken from x power forum, bargin at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mg-zt-260-V8-oversize-throttle-body_W0QQitemZ170147287722QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38786 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Womble
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Except it won't now be a bargain because everyone has seen it!

I get really hacked off with people doing this - referring more to the original post on xpf than to Peter's here. :mad: All it does is hike the price that the seller gets by bringing people who hadn't seen this particular auction into it. I'd been happily sat watching this particular auction thinking "this could be a good price", and all of a sudden, anyone but anyone in the market for an Accufab knows about it. :mad:

If the person actually selling the item wants to post it up on forums, that's fine, but I really wish that others would refrain from doing so.

pessling
11-09-2007, 06:21 PM
unfortantely thats the thing with public sites, and bidding wars, nothing ever stays secret for long. at what ever price it gets to will no doubt be cheaper than buying a new one. so any saving is better than nothing.

NOCTURNAL
12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm with Womble on this...
Some people put the time in looking and searching for bargains only for someone to be 'helpfull' and post 'this is cheap' etc etc... I see both sides, theyre probably justy being helpfull, but then the bargain suddenly aint a bargain anymore :(

swings and roundabouts I expect...:confused:

Phil
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I laughed when I first read Womble's post on this, but I have to agree. If I had been stalking a bargain all week and then somebody flashed it all over a forum/the internet, I would be most upset!!!

Womble
12-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't bother on a public forum like XPF because it's too difficult to control, but how about a system for on here?

My thinking...

If a member posts up (and we would need it to be in a members' only section) that they are looking to bid on a particular auction, the other members take an honourable approach to "finders keepers" and don't bid on it.

Equally, if someone posts that they are particularly looking for something, then if a member finds that item and nobody else has posted that they are watching it, then they can do the good Samaritan bit and post the link for the person searching?

Tim
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Always open to good ideas. :D

There is a new sub-forum under Owners General Chat called bargain bucket. There are rules so do read them.

ackroman
13-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Always open to good ideas. :D

There is a new sub-forum under Owners General Chat called bargain bucket. There are rules so do read them.

I suggest ignoring the request is the best option. Dreadnought have probably the most to lose and I don't see them moaning.