PDA

View Full Version : Locking wheel nut key

pessling
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
i had found this in my car when i brought it, doesn't fit my nuts so it may fit one of yours, it says on the packet, black, £5 for any one who wants it, plus what ever postage.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/CIMG0350.jpg

AndyG
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
i had found this in my car when i brought it, doesn't fit my nuts so it may fit one of yours, it says on the packet, black, £5 for any one who wants it, plus what ever postage.

Don't give up if you have a stuck nut, It may have been abused with a power wrench, With mine I got it just to fit and then tap it with a hammer and I was able to remove the nut.

I have a spare purple one if any one want a spare purple.

NOCTURNAL
06-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Mine is 'black' too, but also the card had a number. I assumed the number was a code??
So does that mean Pessling's will fit mine too?

Nick

pessling
06-09-2007, 11:39 AM
the code on the packet that i have

starts with an 8 and ends with a 3

NOCTURNAL
06-09-2007, 05:44 PM
the code on the packet that i have

starts with an 8 and ends with a 3

Chuckle.. Mines 'Exactly' the same m8 :P

NIck.

pessling
06-09-2007, 05:58 PM
well if you want a spare nick, i have no use for it

NOCTURNAL
06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Cheers m8, mines ok at the moment, but I need a new set of wheelnuts anyway, so I might get new lockers at the same time.
If you can get a bob or two for it go ahead :)
If ya still have it when I finally get to another meet.......

Its funny I only adjusted my handbrake last weekend, so I brought that keycard in for safe keeping so its sitting right beside me lol.
Cheers, Nick

pessling
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
seems that the key is unique to the V8 range, from what someone was saying over on the 75andzt site. still for sale, sitting around doing nothing.

Peter

Womble
13-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Mine looks nothing like that. The locking nut has a serrated interior, and the key has a matching serrated exterior.

pessling
13-02-2008, 05:54 PM
someone on the 75andzt forum was saying that that was the one supplied with the 75 chris, but could be wrong. found this one in the boot of my car when i brought it, it looks brand new and doesn't fit mine.

NOCTURNAL
08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
someone on the 75andzt forum was saying that that was the one supplied with the 75 chris, but could be wrong. found this one in the boot of my car when i brought it, it looks brand new and doesn't fit mine.

Hey Peter I finally found this thread :)
My computer was on the blink last night (still is :( ) but at least i found the right thread hehe

I've sent you my addy in a pm if you still have the key? i seem to remember but cant find the pm's that we double checked the whole code

Cheers, Nick