PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound okay?

Gaz
12-04-2022, 10:46 PM
So, I'm thinking of buying this zt v8 and the seller has sent Mr this video of it running.

He's told me the video makes it sound a lot more 'tinny sounding' than it actually is, but still wanted an opinion on if it sounds okay?

To my ears it sounds like an noisy bearing in an auxiliary item or a pully wheel perhaps?

https://youtu.be/UAu4Pakt0Cc

Pete
13-04-2022, 10:10 AM
More important things to consider!

OneSixty
13-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a rusty A/C compressor clutch but very hard to tell on a recorded video. Viewing is highly recommended if you’re still interested after seeing the MOT history :ash

Tim
13-04-2022, 04:22 PM
It's running well from the exhaust note and if you use the sound of the back as a reference then agree there are some dry bearings. Either one of the pullys or compressor. Pullys are cheap as chips, compressor budget £250 to £300. You do need to go and see though!

The car was involved in a side impact but was repaired to a good standard. Came from the same dealer as mine in Ottershaw, Surrey.

jeff turbo
13-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Go see it, drive it, look underneath and assess from there

xamtex
13-04-2022, 08:43 PM
mine sounded just like that...needed a new a/c compressor.

Gaz
14-04-2022, 12:23 AM
It's running well from the exhaust note and if you use the sound of the back as a reference then agree there are some dry bearings. Either one of the pullys or compressor. Pullys are cheap as chips, compressor budget £250 to £300. You do need to go and see though!

The car was involved in a side impact but was repaired to a good standard. Came from the same dealer as mine in Ottershaw, Surrey.

I've been told it's a cat D so I'm guessing it can't have been too bad a bump?

Gaz
14-04-2022, 12:51 AM
Sounds like a rusty A/C compressor clutch but very hard to tell on a recorded video. Viewing is highly recommended if you?re still interested after seeing the MOT history :ash
Re MOT history..

Are the front struts still available if they need replacing?

Also, it does mention the structural condition and I see there is some rust on the one side lower wheel arch, but he's said this will be repaired before sale, including fixing a coolant leak on the engine. I am surprised its so rusty there seeing that the structural issues must have been repaired for its last mot in 2021 .

And back to my original question, he's going to fit new belt and pulleys/bearings.

Tim
14-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Both near side doors, rear most, central pillar, and cills. Most of the hit was central.

I've been told it's a cat D so I'm guessing it can't have been too bad a bump?

Tim
14-04-2022, 07:32 PM
Shop has both front and rear struts in stock Gaz

Re MOT history..

Are the front struts still available if they need replacing?

Also, it does mention the structural condition and I see there is some rust on the one side lower wheel arch, but he's said this will be repaired before sale, including fixing a coolant leak on the engine. I am surprised its so rusty there seeing that the structural issues must have been repaired for its last mot in 2021 .

And back to my original question, he's going to fit new belt and pulleys/bearings.

Gaz
16-04-2022, 01:14 AM
Looking at the picture I'm surprised that was only a Cat D rather than a cat C .