PDA

View Full Version : Brake failure

Palace Developer
16-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Hi there, I had the Brake Fault warning light come on the other day but everything seemed fine. Moved the car today and I?ve virtually no brakes as in the pedal goes to the floor. Any tips or common faults? Cheers

David
16-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Hi there, I had the Brake Fault warning light come on the other day but everything seemed fine. Moved the car today and I've virtually no brakes as in the pedal goes to the floor. Any tips or common faults? Cheers
Obviously check the fluid level. If it's low or empty, check for signs of leakage, under dash (the area above your feet), and under the car anywhere, particularly wheel areas of course. If there are no signs of leaks, but you are still using fluid, it may be going into the servo.

David

Nich
16-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Hi there, I had the Brake Fault warning light come on the other day but everything seemed fine. Moved the car today and I?ve virtually no brakes as in the pedal goes to the floor. Any tips or common faults? Cheers

You could always become a full member to get full acess and do some research yourself Justin. Just return your completed questionnaire to Tim, easy peasy!

Nich.

Palace Developer
16-03-2021, 04:57 PM
Obviously check the fluid level. If it's low or empty, check for signs of leakage, under dash (the area above your feet), and under the car anywhere, particularly wheel areas of course. If there are no signs of leaks, but you are still using fluid, it may be going into the servo.

Thank you for your reply. There is no fluid loss