PDA

View Full Version : 260 being broken on Ebay

RogerP
27-05-2007, 07:48 PM
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jap-Parts_Engines_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZ km

is an Ebay shop of a breaker who has stripped and selling the remians of a 2004 260. There is not too much information on the grief the car came too before it arrived at this breaker other than mention is made that the engine injested water and has a bent conrod. (Presumably the sump was removed for them to reach that conclusion as they say the engine turns??) Anyway the engine will probably be useful only for a couple of spares and I also see the airflow meter on offer too. If the engine injested water then the reasonable presumptiuon is that the water passed through the AFM too. That is a very bad thing for the meter and I would be wary on spending £50 as asked for on this item. However, other things like suspension and transmission parts should be better, subject to not being bent, although the asking prices are somewhat steep.

Nevertheless I post this in case someone is after a specific spare which they may be able to supply.

Rog

Womble
28-05-2007, 10:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by RogerP

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jap-Parts_Engines_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZ km

is an Ebay shop of a breaker who has stripped and selling the remians of a 2004 260. There is not too much information on the grief the car came too before it arrived at this breaker other than mention is made that the engine injested water and has a bent conrod. (Presumably the sump was removed for them to reach that conclusion as they say the engine turns??) Anyway the engine will probably be useful only for a couple of spares and I also see the airflow meter on offer too. If the engine injested water then the reasonable presumptiuon is that the water passed through the AFM too. That is a very bad thing for the meter and I would be wary on spending £50 as asked for on this item. However, other things like suspension and transmission parts should be better, subject to not being bent, although the asking prices are somewhat steep.

Nevertheless I post this in case someone is after a specific spare which they may be able to supply.

Rog

This is the guy I bought the rear discs off for £120. Seem to have plenty of meat left on them. :)