PDA

View Full Version : Headsup my 260 for sale

Keith
17-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I might as well let you guys know in advance so it is not a shock!

I am smitten by my 260 so I have decided to do what I should have done in the first place get a ZT-T version and then sell the ZT-T 190

I bought mine at a good price with the intention of immediately selling my ZT-T 190 but I didn't as I like it as well, unfortunately going by Ebay and Autotrader the 190 is now relatively worthless plus I still need an occasional load lugger (selling the 75 CDT is not an option)and I really can't justify running three cars!

So common sense says sell the 260 (once I get it an MOT which is due next week) and wait for a ZT-T 260 to come along (not a black one though) then after that decide what to do with my 190, might even get a good px on it if I try hard but I doubt it.

Womble
17-05-2007, 03:13 PM
You might want to take a look at http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/129799.htm

Keith
17-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes seen it thanks and a better colour as well, need to sell mine first though so no rush.
I can have all the fun I had last year looking all over again but older and wiser this time

I wonder what happened to the Black MK1 converted to Mk2 that I looked at in Hull?

Tim
17-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Keith what about Russ and his mate, both are looking for a 260 each. You could get a chain going :D

Keith
22-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Well MOT all done and dusted
First MOT I have watched for a while and took longer than I expected, the tester had never seen one of these before!
He wasn't sure about the LSD so did not do a Brake test on the rollers instead he went for a run around the block, big smile on his face and he seemed happy when he came back.

He even adjusted the headlights for me apparently loads of cars on their first MOTS need it doing

AndyG
22-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Mine is going for its first MOT Tuesday, Any thing to tell examiner?

Why would there be a prob with the LSD?

Tim
22-05-2007, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyG

Mine is going for its first MOT Tuesday, Any thing to tell examiner?

Don't floor it! [8D]

Keith
22-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I went to P&G just outside of Ellesmere.
On the HM Gov print out that tells the tester about your car there will be a disclaimer or something mentioning the LSD
He then must decide what his rolling brake test machine might do to your diff as they test each wheel singly

The tester I went to decided to take it for a drive instead

Before though he did spend an extremely long time underneath then all his mates went down for a chat as well
Then they opened the bonnet and said ooooooooo what is it?

Then he told me about the Healey he is buying and well that was the MOT sorted really I think
He knew all about the naff handbrakes on the breed
And he knew exactly how much meat should be on the discs! Well except for the back ones as he said your rear pad wear sensor is missing!
Doesn't have one I said, oh he said!

Keith
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh well mine has just done abysmally on Ebay!
Several people came for a look none were serious buyers though just wanted to drive it on their third party only or non existent insurance (not likely)

Keith
26-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I have just taken a deposit.
I am really not sure I want to sell it though but the practicalities of running three cars when we only really need one that needs to be a decent sized estate has to be addressed now that we don't need a car for the school runs anymore

What is really annoying is apart from a couple of marks on the body and the wheels being in a bit of a mess there is absolutely nothing wrong with my car it does not suffer from any of the gremlins reported by some I never get the dreaded flat battery syndrome the airbag light has never come on even the AC is nice and cold, only thing I don't like about it is it still smells a bit probably from when the original heater hose burst sometime before I got it but even advertising it at a relatively rock bottom price I was still getting silly offers £6-7.5k being typical or is that what they are really worth now especially to the trade?

Assuming the sale goes through I do hope I can find a ZTT 260 that I can afford, might take a while though :(
I am certainly not going to buy one for say £12-£14K only to find it is not worth £8k 6 months later if my circumstances change and I have to get a more practical car again all very frustrating ;)

Womble
26-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Why not just keep Boris and pick up something like an old Audi A6 Avant diesel for a couple of thousand for the donkey work? That way you won't care if it gets messy on runs to the tip and the like?

Bernard
01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
My 260 is due for it's MOT in a couple of weeks time. Bearing in mind Keith's mention regarding the LSG issue, is it advisable to insist that the the rear wheels are not subjected to the rolling road break test? Sorry to read that Keith is about to part with his 260 it will be a real wrench to see someone else driving it away from your place, never to return. Womble has a good point, we have 3 cars here as well - 260SE - 180 ZS and a Rover 600 now replaced 6 months ago with a 10 year old Civic 5 door Hatch. Only done 62,000 miles paid £175 giving me the option of removing and carrying most items via the tailgate with seats down. Also, most of the running costs over the year is helped by the saving on the much better fuel consumption and less tyre wear.

Keith
01-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I think in my case the tester was just being cautious, I wasn't going to argue.
Just discuss it with the tester whilst there, I wonder does dreadnought do Mots? if so he will know the correct method.

As for selling mine it is pure common sense I started of last year looking for a 260 Tourer had a brief interlude with the saloon and will resume my Tourer hunt later this year.

But I have noticed traders are snapping up the comparatively rarer tourer and are marking them up considerably so I might find getting one a bit outside my budget as I would prefer an SE

I have added a bit to the fund though as I have just sold a Triumph Stag (well a stag an a half today) for about 5 times what I paid for it! Now if only I could have done the same with my 260 ;)

Tim
02-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Did you connect up with Richard Keith?

Keith
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes thanks