PDA

View Full Version : Recherche logiciel pour PASSER EN FRANCAIS GPS SUR MG ZT 260

leyves38
11-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Hello I own a MG ZT 260 SE this car comes from the Netherlands and is now in France. The GPS is in English or German, I want to put it in French for that I need the GPS software You can tell me or find it. Best regards Yves
Bonjour
Je suis propriétaire d'une MG ZT 260 SE cette voiture vient du pays bas et est maintenant en france .Le GPS est en anglais ou allemand, je désire le mettre en français pour cela il me faut le logiciel du GPS Vous pouvez me dire ou le trouver .Cordialement Yves

Nich
12-06-2020, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forum.

You can select the language in the service menu Dagand.

What are the last three digits of your VIN?

Nich.

leyves38
12-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Hello
On the choice of language the gps there is only English and German

leyves38
12-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Hello
The identification number of the last 3 digits of the vehicle is 735

David
12-06-2020, 08:19 AM
Hello
On the choice of language the gps there is only English and German
Which system do you have? Original MG one? If so, do you have a Hi-Line "TV" screen on the dash. The build data would suggest not, but it may be retro-fitted. Does the disc player in the boot say DVD or just GPS Navigation system on the front of it?

David

colintf
12-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Bonjour and welcome!
where in France? :)

David
12-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Welcome from Holland, Yves.

Thinking more about your GPS-Language problem, if you can see that the system can be set to English or German, I assume you have found out how that is done, but just don't have the French language option in the list.

One of our French members may be able to advise, but I think you may need a T4 session from an ex-dealer (a special electronic test and set-up machine that MGR-Rover dealers had).

You really need some local information/support for that anyway, so send a message to member 'scoubix' here or to him, as Nicolas Roughol, on Facebook, also the Facebook group "Rover/MG/Austin Classics & Youngtimers (France) "
I believe Nicolas has his own T4 system.

You own a very nice looking car (I saw the pictures when advertised on Leboncoin last November).

It would be nice if you would become a full Two-Sixties member perhaps. You can then see much more of the forum and get valuable information and advice, built up over many years.
Just send a message to 'Tim' in this forum with your email address, and ask for a questionnaire to be emailed to you.

David

David
13-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Yves, I think you may find that NavCoder at http://www.navcoder.com/ is the answer for you. It allows you to add/replace languages directly into your car's system via the iBus, and they say it works with Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 navigation systems.
Anyone here have experience of using NavCoder ?

I've just got an Italian Mk4 DVD/SatNav from eBay which only displays Italian (default), French or German. No English, damn, so I may have to go that way too (need to get a special Resler cable as well to tap into the vehicle's iBus, I see),
... unless you want to upgrade to a Mk4 DVD Navigation which can display and talk French, that is, Yves! Euro 100 + postage. V32 S/W installed. Free 2005 maps DVD (does read 2019 Maps DVD I notice).

French Italian or German lessons could be another alternative for me, I suppose.

David

Remi
14-06-2020, 10:21 AM
Hello Yves,
This week I'll check if I have the GPS software, I'm not sure yet.
Where are you from? I live in Chaville near Versailles.
Rémi

--
Bonjour Yves,
Cette semaine je vais regarder si j'ai le logiciel du GPS, je n'en suis pas sûr.
D'ou êtes-vous ? J'habite à Chaville près de Versailles.
Rémi

David
14-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Hello Yves,
This week I'll check if I have the GPS software, I'm not sure yet...Rémi
I don't think that will work if French is not a choice programmed into the actual SatNav drive-unit.
Yesterday I tried a English+German+French software CD (V32 on a Mk4 SatNav), to update an Italian+French+German unit, and it did not change the available language choice at all.

David

Nich
14-06-2020, 04:50 PM
I seem to remember that you can edit the language files but it's pretty hazy. I think it was software called Pimp my Nav. I know it can be used to edit the speed camera files but not too sure about the languages. I have a copy but it's on a laptop I lent to my grandson over lockdown so not readily accessible at the moment.

Nich.

David
14-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Thanks Nich. Found this Googling around: https://pimp-my-nav.software.informer.com/1.0/
The description appears to point at it being suitable for adding POI's, Speed Camera data etc. though, rather than fiddling with deeper firmware like language files.

If time (and funds) permit, I may have a go at getting a Resler adapter and purchase a copy of NavCoder. It looks like it has a few potential uses other than just this language problem.

David

Nich
14-06-2020, 05:28 PM

If time (and funds) permit, I may have a go at getting a Resler adapter and purchase a copy of NavCoder. It looks like it has a few potential uses other than just this language problem.

David

Very worthwhile additions David.

Nich.

scoubix
14-06-2020, 06:04 PM
I'll get in touch with Yves, I know him.
Navcoder allows you to indeed change the languages, but it doesn't change the fact that unless you specify a language that's already stored in the unit (MK3 has room for two, MK4 for three), then it needs a firmware upgrade CD to copy the data for that language to the memory bank where it's stored on the unit. I have Navcoder myself and it's quite a nice piece of software
Navcoder is not the only option for that, if you have a T4, changing the Market (i.e Country) in the Vehicle Options would also trigger a language change on the satnav and all around (trip computer as well, miles from kms or vice-versa), but then again, it will ask for the firmware CD for the satnav language change, and you can't use BMW ones on a Rover unit, you need the specific Rover CD. I have a couple lying around, one date 1999 from around 75 launch time that would only cover mk2 drives, both in 75 and Range Rover, and another MG Rover one dated May 2002 that would cover 75/ZT both with mk2 and mk3 drives. But both predate Yves' car build date and as such, not sure they would be of any help as they would most likely downgrade its firmware version, if it would work at all...

David
14-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Thanks for that, Nicolas. As ever, you are a mine of invaluable information!
I made the assumption that simply having the .LNG files for the absent languages somewhere on the laptop would be enough. I have those on the V32 update disc, for example. I would like to get the NavCoder working and have ordered a Resler cable to give it a try.

It would appear that Yves' problem could best be solved by swapping out his existing satnav for one with French already an option in the firmware. As I said, I have an Italian/French/German unit available, but that is a late 2005 Mk4, and I don't know if it would be a straight swap for him, depending what he has already installed in the car. If it is, then that would probably be the cheapest solution, if not even the ONLY solution. Certainly easier than trying to re-code the existing unit. Maybe you could ask if you speak/mail with him? If it were a retro-fitted Mk4 he has in the car, I would just swap with him, but I assume it will be an MGR Mk3. I asked him if it had "DVD" emblazoned on the front of the unit, but got no response

David

leyves38
20-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Bonsoir
Je vous remercie tous et toutes pour vos réponse .Pour regler mon probleme j'ai trouvé une unité d'occasion celle qui est dans le coffre en francais et mon problème est réglé .
Cordialement Yves

Good evening Thank you all for your answers. To solve my problem I found a used unit the one in the trunk in French and my problem is solved. Regards Yves