PDA

View Full Version : Tool Kit Parts - Wanted

usa260se
23-04-2007, 04:36 PM
My car came without some of the tools you'd expect to find under the rear floor board.
I'm looking for help finding the following.

Foam molded tool support (the grey foam filler that goes were a spare tyre could have been installed) Mine was cut up while vehicle was being tested.
Tow hook
Wheel trim removal tool
Correct flat tyre foam can
Any other tools that should have come with the car (all I have is the locking wheel nut, jack and warning triangle.

Please email me if you can help with any tools - thanks

MG260SEV8
15-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I got my V8 direct from Longbridge. It had the cans of foam tyre repair but no Jack, etc. I got a foam tool kit from another Rover 75 and carry it in the boot of my car which with a full sizre spare wheel just about fills the boot! I can photograph what I have if you would send me your email address. I was in contact with you last year when I was selling XPower Car Mats on eBay Regards Ian

GeoffW
15-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Phil, you should also have the towing eye that screws into the chassis through the small square knock out in the front bumper ?

darees
16-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Looking at my handbook, the kit also had a screwdriver and safety goggles. These are both missing on my car, but I guess are easy to replace. Not sure if the screwdriver is a flathead of phillips though.

Harrygsi
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by usa260se

My car came without some of the tools you'd expect to find under the rear floor board.
I'm looking for help finding the following.

Foam molded tool support (the grey foam filler that goes were a spare tyre could have been installed) Mine was cut up while vehicle was being tested.
Tow hook
Wheel trim removal tool
Correct flat tyre foam can
Any other tools that should have come with the car (all I have is the locking wheel nut, jack and warning triangle.

Please email me if you can help with any tools - thanks

Try these breakers Phil, says they have 8 V8's to break!!??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120149540106&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Cheers
Peter

pessling
08-08-2007, 04:39 PM
looks like its been rolled that one

GeoffW
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
It would be interesting to actually find out how many were written off.

pessling
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
i've email to ask for the vin, see what that brings back...

Peter
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Try these breakers Phil, says they have 8 V8's to break!!??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120149540106&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Cheers
Peter

It currently says they have five, not eight. It also says postage is £100 - for a wiper blade ????

SH4RKY
09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't touch that ebayer with a 6km barge pole.

New user, 10 feedback, all from items costing nothing to boost the 100% positive rating.

Just dodgy in my eyes. That and the 100 pound postage, which to be fair is probably there just to stop people bidding on the item as the listing is just an advertisment for the company... well I say company... haha.

and another thing, i'm no expert and could well be wrong but err yeah I can't see this being legal at all: 'We even do FRONT END CUTS that you can simply thus weld on'

Harrygsi
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by SH4RKY

I wouldn't touch that ebayer with a 6km barge pole.

New user, 10 feedback, all from items costing nothing to boost the 100% positive rating.

Just dodgy in my eyes. That and the 100 pound postage, which to be fair is probably there just to stop people bidding on the item as the listing is just an advertisment for the company... well I say company... haha.

and another thing, i'm no expert and could well be wrong but err yeah I can't see this being legal at all: 'We even do FRONT END CUTS that you can simply thus weld on'

Well spotted ! I admit I did not do my usual checks first!...no base so we cannot even ask a local forum member to check them out!!

Peter