PDA

View Full Version : I still want a V8

Bean66
15-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Hi all

So I still want a V8.

Ive been looking a round for a while and whilst there have been a number for sale non are especially desirable.

Why? cuz they all seem to be Grey, Silver or Black. :mad:

Now due to being a Brummie with some links to AR, a ZT or 75 V8 is my dream? :love car. But anything errr Grey or Black, well just isnt.

Theres a Black one on the Bay at the moment, which looks very presentable and is cheap as chips (for a Zt V8) and if it were any (well almost) any other colour Id be round there handing over the cash as long as it all checked out condition etc wise.

So does anyone know of any Zt (ideally an estate) in a vaguely interesting colour, pref Monogram or Metallic that might be coming up for sale at some point in the future?

I dont suppose I will find one tomorrow, so if its next month or next year I will still be looking.

Oh and I would be buying the Grey Estate on CarandClassic if it were a desirable colour.

Cheers Bean

David
15-03-2019, 06:43 PM
I can't magic one up, but all of the cars currently being advertised are to be found here:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?13272-Complete-List-of-260s-FOR-SALE

I keep it up to date at least twice a day from almost 40 searches of sources worldwide (including eBay, CarAndClassics, of course). Private sales by Two-Sixties Members and Facebook 260 Group members (where known) are also included. Auctions are also checked regularly.

I think its pretty comprehensive and accurate.

Best of luck!

David

SCP440
15-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Good luck with your search. I spent a year looking for an estate.

If you are sure you don't want a grey or black car had you thought about getting it wrapped? The original paint will be preserved underneath.

It's a lot cheaper than getting a car painted and if you change your mind you can peel it off.

Steve

David
15-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Royal Blue and supercharged ?
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?13272-Complete-List-of-260s-FOR-SALE&p=184976#post184976

David

Les4048
15-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Look at me red and last Dreadnought but not for sale unless you make a stupid offer lol

SteveTD
16-03-2019, 08:03 AM
PM me if a supercharge monogram floats yer boat10981

Les4048
16-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Stupid Offer: £3000 for an old Rover 75. :fight

My guess, is you don't want a stupid offer. :) Mileage, Age, Condition for your ZT-T.

That is stupid in the wrong direction :fight

Bean66
16-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Hmmm, a wrap, never thought of that, I like originality but its worth investigating the costs.

Bean66
16-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Royal Blue and supercharged ?
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?13272-Complete-List-of-260s-FOR-SALE&p=184976#post184976

David

TBH, assumed as it was last year it would be long sold, maybe worth a PM.

David
16-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Keith, I just dropped him an email, and told him to check in case he doesn't read PM's regularly (some don't visit the forum too often).

David

SCP440
16-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Hmmm, a wrap, never thought of that, I like originality but its worth investigating the costs.

I spoke to a chap at the NEC last year who had his Aston done and I sure he said it was about £1500. Some of the Vinyl's available means you can have anything you want. Your imagination is your only limit.

Steve

splingebucket
17-03-2019, 10:26 AM
hello Bean

Send me a PM if you are still interested

regards Eric

SCP440
23-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Here is an Estate that isisnt in Grey.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-T-V8-SE-420/113695929911?hash=item1a78ce3637:g:6RMAAOSw-RVclpXY&redirect=mobile
Steve

Bean66
24-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Here is an Estate that isisnt in Grey.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-T-V8-SE-420/113695929911?hash=item1a78ce3637:g:6RMAAOSw-RVclpXY&redirect=mobile
Steve

Hi Steve

Yep thanks for that. Came across it on the 75 and Zt owners club website, surprised it wasn't here?

And i know i'm being very picky, but hey i'd like my dream car to be spot on and the Royal Blue is very dark, almost black,.

So what I really want is Atmosphere, Aurora, Bitter Sweet, Caledonian, Chagall, Firefrost Red, Ignition Blue (Mica?), Mirage, Nocturne, Poseidon, Shot Silk, Spectre, Trophy blue, Twilight, Typhoon, Moonshine as top of the list.

Or as close second choices Celestial, Copperleaf Red, Garnet, Moody Blue, Ski Blue.

Once after searching and maybe not finding the right one for sale it will be pretty much any colour, but this ones probably a little to much of a compromise to early in the process.:mad:

But I may have changed my mind next week, lol.;)

Cheers

Keith

David
24-03-2019, 11:57 AM
..Came across it on the 75 and Zt owners club website, surprised it wasn't here? ...
It was in fact posted by the seller in 'Cars For Sale' here too, also late yesterday evening, and I added it to the 'Complete List of 260s For Sale' summary thread early this morning. You must have overlooked it, I guess?

No matter; it is still Royal Blue ! Looks a very nice car I must admit though, although I haven't seen it 'in the flesh'.

David

SCP440
24-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Keith
You will have to be very patient. According to how many left there are only about 40 V8 Estate left on the UK roads and if you are picky about the thee color you might have a long wait. I spent a year looking for mine.

Good luck

Steve

colintf
24-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Royal blue is stunning in sunshine :cool:

Les4048
24-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Keith
You will have to be very patient. According to how many left there are only about 40 V8 Estate left on the UK roads and if you are picky about the thee color you might have a long wait. I spent a year looking for mine.

Good luck

Steve

Wow!!! Only 40 Tourers on the UK roads, wonder how many are blown?

David
24-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Wow!!! Only 40 Tourers on the UK roads, wonder how many are blown?
Not sure if Steve's number of 40 may be a bit pessimistic.

I checked through members who have been actively posting on the Forum in the last year, for whom the car's VIN has been made public in a post or in the 'About Me'. I come up with 40 ZT-T owners (UK), making sure that I threw out any duplicates, such as the same car changing hands in the last year (... one of these days I'll get a life :) ).

Point is, that there must be more cars from owners who haven't posted on the Forum in the last year, or having owners who are not and never have been members at all, I would think ?

I'll check the S/C cars if I can, but that information is a bit sketchier, and what there is, probably rather unreliable.

David

SCP440
24-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Sorry it was 45
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/mg_zt-t_se_v8_260

Still not much choice when you are being colour specific, personally I would be looking at condition and mileage.

As I said earlier I looked for a year before I struck lucky, I found a couple for sale in that time but one was in one of the biometric colours that needed some paint work and the second was for sale by the chap in the New Forest and when I turned up to take it for a test drive a couple of days after I had spoken to him he had sold it. He had not rung even though he said he would. An afternoon waisted.

Steve

stevestrat
24-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Remember when I was looking for one I was getting really pee'd off at responding to "dead" ads, sorry, its sold . . . . take the bleedin' ad down then! Phoned one number, the guy had an impenetrable Irish accent, I couldn't understand a word, he could have been offering me the car for free I wouldn't have known.

Bean66
25-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Keith

Good luck

Steve

Steve

Of course you are right i am being picky about the colour and as i said i may end up regretting that. :mad:

But its early days in the search and i suppose i want the car to be spot on for me and colour is a very individual thing as witness by the fact that Black Grey and Silver are hugely popular.

I've even heard a rumour that some gentlemen prefer blonds!!! :)

I accept i may have a long wait so i've got my eye on a Ztt 2.5 SE Sport Auto in Atmosphere Kinetic, if i can persuade the guy to sell it. I can then trundle around i that looking for my V8.

Cheers

Keith

Bean66
25-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Not sure if Steve's number of 40 may be a bit pessimistic.

Def think 40 is a little pessimistic. How many left lists 94 cars either taxed or SORN under the various model designations, so they differentiate between a Ztt SE V8 260 and a SE 260 V8, as according to the site thats they the way they were registered at the time.

MG Rover info's build data shows 151 Ztt V8 builds so roughly 30% have gone if we assume any survivors are either taxed or SORN as the regs now demand.

What fun i have ahead.:D

Cheers

Keith

Nich
26-03-2019, 09:30 AM
MG Rover info's build data shows 151 Ztt V8 builds ..............

152.....:)

Nich.

David
26-03-2019, 10:37 AM
You forgot some essential facts, Keith. Importantly, you assume that all vehicles were/are registered in the UK, plus that all LHD and RHD cars must be in the UK anyway. Makes a nonsense of those figures really.

Of the 152 ZT-Ts, 37 were LHD, leaving 115 RHD according to the MGR data.
Not all cars built for, and destined for, the "GREAT BRITAIN" market (yes, RHD and LHD), actually ended up by being delivered there, and vice-versa.

On top of that not all surviving LHD cars live 'abroad', and not all surviving RHD cars live in the UK anymore (quite a few I know of never did).

Finally, a few of both groups never escaped the factory at all, being development or crash testing vehicles, being intentionally destroyed shortly after birth!

.... Bit of a pig's breakfast !

So I'm afraid you can't really attempt to put meaningful percentage survival figures on it without lots more registration information, worldwide.

David

David
26-03-2019, 11:03 AM
152.....:)

Nich. Poor 'scoubix' gets forgotten all the time, with his 'trans-gender' Tourer/ZT-T.

David

Bean66
26-03-2019, 01:21 PM
You forgot some essential facts, Keith. Importantly, you assume that all vehicles were/are registered in the UK, plus that all LHD and RHD cars must be in the UK anyway. Makes a nonsense of those figures really.

Of the 152 ZT-Ts, 37 were LHD, leaving 115 RHD according to the MGR data.
On top of that not all surviving LHD cars live 'abroad', and not all surviving RHD cars live in the UK anymore (a few I know never did).
Not all cars built for, and destined for, the "GREAT-BRITAIN" market (yes, RHD and LHD), actually ended up by being delivered there, and vice-versa.

Finally, a few of both groups never escaped the factory at all, being development or crash testing vehicles, almost by definition destroyed shortly after birth!

So I'm afraid you can't really attempt to put meaningful percentage survival figures on it without lots more registration information, worldwide.

David

David

You are spot on with the production figures they list 151 (plus +1?) and some 37 were LHD, which i didn't think about at all. So if we assume the DVLA registered and SORN numbers are about right (and one would hope so) losses in the last 15 years are much less than my initial 30% est, so thats good.;)

I will keep looking.

Keith

David
26-03-2019, 01:57 PM
David

You are spot on with the production figures they list 151 (plus +1?) and some 37 were LHD, which i didn't think about at all. So if we assume the DVLA registered and SORN numbers are about right (and one would hope so) losses in the last 15 years are much less than my initial 30% est, so thats good.;)

I will keep looking.

Keith Yup. Just looking at the UK, only about 18% ..... ish of ZT-T 260s 'lost to time', ignoring the known factory scraps ?
The unknown/dubious-data factors (imports, exports etc.), mean that you will never get accuracy. Those cars, few though they may be, will still represent a significant percentage of the number of cars involved, and distort your 'result' massively, therefore.

And that's only the UK, and next year the numbers may be different.
All a bit academic, I guess. :D.

David