PDA

View Full Version : KV6 Inlet manifold

RattyB
17-09-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm sticking this out here : I have a V6 Rover and the inlet manifold has entered it's death throws. Does anyone have any leads on a good 2nd hand replacement that hasn't got millions of miles on it and wont cost upwards of £900!

Everything I've looked at so far on ebay has over 70k on it - that's in the region of the mileage of my duff one!

Les4048
17-09-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm sticking this out here : I have a V6 Rover and the inlet manifold has entered it's death throws. Does anyone have any leads on a good 2nd hand replacement that hasn't got millions of miles on it and wont cost upwards of £900!

Everything I've looked at so far on ebay has over 70k on it - that's in the region of the mileage of my duff one!

Are you sure your VIS motors are working because if they’re not they can leave the flaps in mid position and ratttliing around

RattyB
17-09-2018, 11:23 PM
The rattle dies off after a minute, which most people seem to think is the manifold rather than the vis motors. It's quite a racket.

Les4048
18-09-2018, 06:20 AM
The rattle dies off after a minute, which most people seem to think is the manifold rather than the vis motors. It's quite a racket.
Yes does sound like the flaps are getting loose. There are a few breakers on Facebook, Valencia Tim, Colin Lauderdale-cheel and Tom Force. One of them may be able to help

RattyB
18-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Yes does sound like the flaps are getting loose. There are a few breakers on Facebook, Valencia Tim, Colin Lauderdale-cheel and Tom Force. One of them may be able to help

Cheers, I may have found one from a chap on 'the other place' with a set of new upgraded vis motors on it.

scooter
18-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Just a week too late gave a 40K miles one away last week